U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 05:29 PM

14,969 posts, read 11,933,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I never had one. My first car was a 1969 Dodge Coronet (4/door, 11 years at the time) with mag wheels. There was power under that hood --- those were the days. I could go a little over 10.2 miles in about 7 minutes, as I was always running late to work. Could have made better time if it hadn't been for traffic.

I've always liked fast cars. I grew up in the muscle car era, what can I say ...
I know, right? I love those 60 and early 70s Muscle cars!!!! My high school boyfriends got me so into them! I miss mine from the old days...my last one was a '66 yellow Mustang I had

'93-95 black interior! Oh my. A pair of gold reflective chopper glasses and my blonde hair...yeah!
Did I ever pull up to drive thru liquor stores a lot!
289 8cyl, OMG....I sold it cuz of rust underneath...what an idiot, right! ?

Got a little red '71 MGB convertible... NOW THAT was a mistake..

"Friends don't let friends drive British Sports cars"

Old 01-06-2019, 07:37 PM

1,592 posts, read 928,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Well here is my ď cheap old beaterĒ. This is a 20 year old truck. Itís immaculate. So is the underside. There is no dirt or mud under there. I donít feel or act superior nor do I care what others buy or drive. I donít see the point I replacing a vehicle that does not need replacement. Itís well maintained and very reliable. In order to buy the EXACT vehicle it would cost me 65,000 dollars today. Believe me I went to Ford site and built a exact replica. I have the money to buy another truck. I donít need another truck. But anyway thatís my beater.
Love your beater. Beautiful, just beautiful. Looks like you can go anywhere. What year? We have 1999 Tacoma as our daily driver. We have had it for 15+ years. We use it for buying gardening supplies and lumber. If we hav3 a bigger load we use our 2008 F250.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:34 PM

196 posts, read 83,144 times
I have a 2015 Honda Accord and I am thinking about purchasing a clean 2001 Toyota Camry as a second vehicle. I really admire the 4th gen Camry and that was a solid vehicle. You can still see tons of them on the road even though the oldest model year is now at 21 years.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:48 PM

795 posts, read 1,367,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ranch View Post
thinking about purchasing a clean 2001 Toyota Camry as a second vehicle. I really admire the 4th gen Camry.
We have a 97 Gen 4 as a second car. Great cars, you will be very happy.

Main car is a 2005 Honda Pilot. 2 kids in college come first. One day I'm getting a Lexus.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:59 PM

537 posts, read 162,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ranch View Post
I have a 2015 Honda Accord and I am thinking about purchasing a clean 2001 Toyota Camry as a second vehicle. I really admire the 4th gen Camry and that was a solid vehicle. You can still see tons of them on the road even though the oldest model year is now at 21 years.
Not planning on inhaling too deeply of those pre-2006 carcinogenic gases, are you? Given your previous post on this thread, you must have a death wish if you're considering a 2001 sedan as a second vehicle.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:15 PM

3,618 posts, read 1,068,168 times
I just junked my two ford E-350's. One was a '96 the other was a '98. I had the '96 for 10 years. I had the '98 for 5 years. They both ran great, both had just under 200,000 miles. Rust issues did them in.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:41 PM

58 posts, read 12,945 times
My F-150 is 15 yrs old. At 260k it still runs and is safe. If you think that is lame you can kiss it...

It seems some people don't like it if you drive an old car. They want to make out like you are dumb for it and missing out.

I have saved a lot of money holding my car this long. I paid it off in three years. After the 150k mark there wasn't any expensive repairs.

My grandpa died at 85 and grandma at 88....driving around in carcinogenic cars, lol. Not sure what we did before adaptive cruise control, lol

I bought a new car last month. I kept my truck. It is wonderful because not only does it still run but I don't worry about scratches, and other minute things like I do with the new one.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:58 PM

17,979 posts, read 19,723,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
Love your beater. Beautiful, just beautiful. Looks like you can go anywhere. What year? We have 1999 Tacoma as our daily driver. We have had it for 15+ years. We use it for buying gardening supplies and lumber. If we hav3 a bigger load we use our 2008 F250.
Thank you. Its the same year as your Tacona but it’s a diesel 4x 7.3. I didn’t know it back when I got the truck but like your Tacoma these trucks have quite a following. I I had to get the camper repainted a few weeks ago as it was fading. It looked cruddy because the gel coat was faded and chalked, so I took it and had it sanded and repainted. I think it ran $400 bucks. But I like my truck to look nice. It’s been very reliable. I had to get new tires few months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I just junked my two ford E-350's. One was a '96 the other was a '98. I had the '96 for 10 years. I had the '98 for 5 years. They both ran great, both had just under 200,000 miles. Rust issues did them in.
I had a E250 for a work van. Great reliable van

Old 01-06-2019, 10:07 PM

8,486 posts, read 4,370,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I know, right? I love those 60 and early 70s Muscle cars!!!! My high school boyfriends got me so into them! I miss mine from the old days...my last one was a '66 yellow Mustang I had

'93-95 black interior! Oh my. A pair of gold reflective chopper glasses and my blonde hair...yeah!
Did I ever pull up to drive thru liquor stores a lot!
289 8cyl, OMG....I sold it cuz of rust underneath...what an idiot, right! ?

Got a little red '71 MGB convertible... NOW THAT was a mistake..

"Friends don't let friends drive British Sports cars"
Well you can't see me, but I just turned green. For my love of a Mustang that is my dream car and I have never had one. Came close once to a 65, the guy wanted 3,500 for it in 1985 I think. It was painted dark blue. It was pretty.

It's nice going down memory lane, when there were backstreet races to attend. I'm old so I don't know what the kids do now, but I know we had fun. Saturdays I could always find some one tuning on something at a local garage; it was great to hang out and listen to the motors rev.

Of the three greats, dodge, chevy, ford, cars they brought the muscle look back, looks like in 07. I love the body styles of the ones I see starting in the teens. Now a days, though it's Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, if there is a backstreet race those will be ones featured, I'm sure.

'71 MGB convertible, Bond, James Bond ... idk, they look pretty cool to me, but I guess looks aren't everything when it comes to our cars.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:21 PM

8,486 posts, read 4,370,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHughesa View Post
My F-150 is 15 yrs old. At 260k it still runs and is safe. If you think that is lame you can kiss it...

It seems some people don't like it if you drive an old car. They want to make out like you are dumb for it and missing out.

I have saved a lot of money holding my car this long. I paid it off in three years. After the 150k mark there wasn't any expensive repairs.

My grandpa died at 85 and grandma at 88....driving around in carcinogenic cars, lol. Not sure what we did before adaptive cruise control, lol

I bought a new car last month. I kept my truck. It is wonderful because not only does it still run but I don't worry about scratches, and other minute things like I do with the new one.
Quote:
My F-150 is 15 yrs old.
That's not old. A guy at work drives an 1985, now that's old. Significance there is we work at a college university. I use to have the oldest vehicle in the parking lot until he showed up.

I do like the body style of your truck though ... nice.

Cruise control, what's that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or