U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:25 AM

4,492 posts, read 4,527,375 times

Advertisements

OP: You might want to consider the 2019 Ranger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reQA3o6EkLc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:50 AM

412 posts, read 314,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
OP: You might want to consider the 2019 Ranger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reQA3o6EkLc
Those do look pretty nice but the reviews so far are not looking good. . If I were to get a small midsize pickup it would most likely be the the TACO though. Toyota and Hondas are about the only thing I have found that I can put 20-25k/year on and not lose my shirt on maintenance and depreciation. Anything smaller than the tundra and I’d get a RL.

Last edited by Familyman6; Yesterday at 07:11 AM..

Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM

3,186 posts, read 853,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman6 View Post
Maybe I am but Ford isnít publishing much on where those sales numbers are actually coming from and there is a reason for that.

Look Iím im not bashing ford, I really like the new f150 and if I were to spend 50k on a truck it would probably be the king ranch. My first truck was an 89 f150 ext and I loved that thing. Wish I Would have paid to have it shipped cross county when we moved 2 years ago. If I did, I would have bought the RL from the getgo for my DD.
I like the fact that Ford can be a Fortune 500 company just on the profits of the F-150 with sales of $145 billion this year.

Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

5 posts, read 335 times
does the Honda actually have a rigid frame?? lol

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

4,465 posts, read 2,259,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
We're not talking CVTs here...and I have a 6 spd manual...
So do I. Works well at 13, actually almost 14 years of service.

Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologin View Post
does the Honda actually have a rigid frame?? lol
Nope unibody they don’t even include it in quartly sales figures for pickups.

Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM

5 posts, read 335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Nope unibody they don’t even include it in quartly sales figures for pickups.
er okay, then it's NOT a truck

Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM

This is what the Honda Ridgeline is.

Everyone knows that the Honda Ridgeline is not a real truck. ... It's a front-wheel-drive unibody vehicle based on Honda's Pilot mid-size crossover SUV. The Ridgeline is completely unlike any other truck currently on the market

Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM

32,654 posts, read 40,076,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
You are so wrong saying a majority of F-150 sales are fleet sales.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmcc.../#775e5f014737
The reality is that all of the Big Three have pretty robust fleet sales with Dodge having the fewest in both real numbers and percentage of sales.

Governments have master agreements with all the companies to supply various vehicles for X dollars per unit. Local governments will usually either sign on to their state's agreement or the federal one (which is arguably better) to get their equipment.

How good are these agreements you may ask. How about a $50K Super Duty for $22K? That was the federal number a couple years ago.

Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM

412 posts, read 314,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The reality is that all of the Big Three have pretty robust fleet sales with Dodge having the fewest in both real numbers and percentage of sales.

Governments have master agreements with all the companies to supply various vehicles for X dollars per unit. Local governments will usually either sign on to their state's agreement or the federal one (which is arguably better) to get their equipment.

How good are these agreements you may ask. How about a $50K Super Duty for $22K? That was the federal number a couple years ago.
Would it be nice to be handed that kind
Of discount. And I bet you wouldnít even have to spend your entire day negotiating to get it. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive