U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 11:23 AM

801 posts, read 200,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Worst case scenario you end up with a brand new engine for free.
Worst case? Nah. That would be something like it breaking down in the middle of nowhere in a hail storm only to be "rescued" by Hell's Angels, raped, drugged and sold into prostitution in Central America.

'Cmon! Put some imagination into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 11:26 AM

3,226 posts, read 865,092 times
And this is why i lease 3 years and I’m done and get another one always have a bumper to bumper warranty.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:41 AM

2,923 posts, read 1,352,157 times
I'd hope it blew.
Free engine!!

Old 01-08-2019, 02:01 PM

5,244 posts, read 1,395,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
As long as you have warrantee left, what's the big deal? Get it repaired at no cost, possibly get a new engine...awesome!
This. Hell, my car is not the best but it's still under warranty. That damn contract comes in handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
And this is why i lease 3 years and I’m done and get another one always have a bumper to bumper warranty.
There's a big difference between a Hyundai Elantra owner worrying about the car he got and wasting money on leases every 3 years.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:14 PM

17,062 posts, read 18,281,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Bought new in 2015. I’m gentle on the throttle except for the occasional highway on ramp or passing a tractor or slow car.
Who cares. Your powertrain is covered until 100,000. Drivemit till it gets 100,000 just make sure you keep up o the manufacturers recommended services. Otherwise you’re just throwing money away. You’re most likely upside down on the Elantra anyway. So you’ll be in even worse shape if you buy the Toyota,

I have a Optima with 140,000 miles and I drive it every day. When it breaks I’ll dump it and buy another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Worst case? Nah. That would be something like it breaking down in the middle of nowhere in a hail storm only to be "rescued" by Hell's Angels, raped, drugged and sold into prostitution in Central America.

'Cmon! Put some imagination into it.

Imagination or personal experience?

Old 01-08-2019, 02:30 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,676,221 times
As a fellow Hyundai owner, I'm dismayed that you're falling into Honda/Toyota trap. Drive past any Toyota dealership and notice one thing. They all have service departments. Those service folks are doing more than oil changes.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:11 PM

3,226 posts, read 865,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
This. Hell, my car is not the best but it's still under warranty. That damn contract comes in handy.

There's a big difference between a Hyundai Elantra owner worrying about the car he got and wasting money on leases every 3 years.
I’ve seen plenty of people buy a car and trade them in after only a couple years taking a bath and having to roll over what they owe into another vehicle making their payment skyrocket. I don’t have that problem because I’ve done the buying a vehicle thing for over 30 years. Now I’m retired i want a new vehicle every 3 years and no maintenance cost besides oil changes and 1 tire rotation.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:21 PM

7,370 posts, read 5,475,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Buyer's remorse is something you get after three days, not three years. What you have is called "Wondering if I should trade before I start having problems."
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Bought new in 2015. I’m gentle on the throttle except for the occasional highway on ramp or passing a tractor or slow car.
What do you owe on the car and what's it worth?

Old 01-08-2019, 04:18 PM

13,935 posts, read 30,015,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
As a fellow Hyundai owner, I'm dismayed that you're falling into Honda/Toyota trap. Drive past any Toyota dealership and notice one thing. They all have service departments. Those service folks are doing more than oil changes.
Well I can tell you this, my local Hyundai and Toyota dealers are owned by the same man, and they are located next door to each other. The Toyota dealer has rentals, the Hyundai dealer does not. Not long ago I went to rent a car for a trip, and they had NONE available. The lady behind the counter told me “all of our rentals are being used by Hyundai warranty customers next door”.

They have since changed this and now the Hyundai dealer has their own rentals, so they aren’t allowed to hog up all of the ones from the Toyota dealer anymore.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:05 PM

9,120 posts, read 7,590,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Well I can tell you this, my local Hyundai and Toyota dealers are owned by the same man, and they are located next door to each other. The Toyota dealer has rentals, the Hyundai dealer does not. Not long ago I went to rent a car for a trip, and they had NONE available. The lady behind the counter told me “all of our rentals are being used by Hyundai warranty customers next door”.

They have since changed this and now the Hyundai dealer has their own rentals, so they aren’t allowed to hog up all of the ones from the Toyota dealer anymore.
That may be due to the 2.0 & 2.4L engine replacements from the manufacture defects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or