U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2019, 06:26 PM

9,235 posts, read 7,689,463 times

Advertisements

Dealership called Hyundai technicians. Was told to change timing chain and many other parts. I’m going to be driving this loaner for at least a week. Wished they’d at least delivered it with a full tank of gas. It’s a bit more thirsty than my 1.8L Elantra. This Elantra GT is the 173 hp 2.0L DI engine.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 07:27 PM

650 posts, read 381,388 times
Victim, check out the Hyundai Kona with the 1.6 L turbo engine and 7-speed DCT transmission. That is the second car I ever owned in a lifetime I always want to take out for no reason at all, just for the sheer fun of driving it.
The first was the VW GTI,(and not to forget the Kawasaki GPZ 1100, which wasn't a car though.)

Old 01-11-2019, 07:42 PM

3,448 posts, read 937,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Dealership called Hyundai technicians. Was told to change timing chain and many other parts. I’m going to be driving this loaner for at least a week. Wished they’d at least delivered it with a full tank of gas. It’s a bit more thirsty than my 1.8L Elantra. This Elantra GT is the 173 hp 2.0L DI engine.
Just return it with the same amount of gas when they gave it to you they are not going to pay for the gas you use.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:38 PM

Update. Picked up my car at 6pm today. Below is a list of parts they replaced. Iím writing the part names as they appear on the invoice. The dealer called the techline and were told to replace the CVVT, front cover, and oil pump.

They replaced TENSIONER ASSY-TI, COVER ASSY-TIMING, CVVT ASSY-EXHAUST, PULLEY-DAMPER, CHAIN-TIMING, & GASKET-ROCKER COV. All above replaced under warranty. No charge on parts and labor. Any idea how much this would cost, parts and labor, if not warranty covered?

Old 01-29-2019, 06:59 PM

3,448 posts, read 937,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Update. Picked up my car at 6pm today. Below is a list of parts they replaced. Iím writing the part names as they appear on the invoice. The dealer called the techline and were told to replace the CVVT, front cover, and oil pump.

They replaced TENSIONER ASSY-TI, COVER ASSY-TIMING, CVVT ASSY-EXHAUST, PULLEY-DAMPER, CHAIN-TIMING, & GASKET-ROCKER COV. All above replaced under warranty. No charge on parts and labor. Any idea how much this would cost, parts and labor, if not warranty covered?
A butt load just in labor alone parts not as bad as labor.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:54 AM

3,450 posts, read 5,494,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
If I were you, I'd be more worried about the paint possibly peeling off the car in sheets due to the defective paint process Hyundai used on the Elantra (among other vehicles) from 2006-2016.
You would be more worried about a cosmetically significant issue than potentially major engine problems???

Warranty or not dealing with an unreliable or disabled vehicle is a hassle at best.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:11 AM

Update. Day after receiving my car back the check engine light came on and took two tries to start. Took back to dealership. They gave me a 2019 Hyundai Elantra as a loner with 17 miles on the car. Went back to the dealership this morning to get an update and tags for the loaner. The problem was it would not keep the timing and now theyíre re-ordering another new variable valve timing system again. Looks like Iíll be without my car for at least a month soon.

Old Today, 07:44 PM

Update. While I was sleeping for the night shift the dealership brought me back my car and picked up the loaner (I just filled up the gas tank this morning on the way home from work). Wonít celebrate until after Iíve driven it for a few trouble free days. Even though I was driving a brand new 2019 Hyundai Elantra, I really missed my 2015 Elantra. Donít like the front end styling of the new Elantra and the new Elantra they loaned to me didnít have certain options I got with my Elantra. I even miss those little imperfections mod my Elantra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or