U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 04:02 PM

1,866 posts, read 780,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Where are all of those things? lol in the pics! maybe time to clean your eyeglasses. I can pretty much guarantee that these pics of the interior have scared off 99% of potential buyers from even going to look at it.
And not the rust? I'm sorry but I showed the pictures to a couple of car guys here and they didn't see much if anything either except on the cargo cover carpet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 04:03 PM

1,866 posts, read 780,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Regardless of the miles on a vehicle, one can always find a buyer, IF they make the vehicle appealing.
First off, make it as pleasing to the eye as possible.
Highlight the good points.
Prepare the vehicle for sale.
Post many pictures.
Ask yourself, if looking at the pictures in the ad, "would I buy this vehicle"?
That is an extremely important point, when selling a vehicle.
If it doesn't appeal to you, how could you expect any one else to find it appealing?

Just as an example, I sold my 66 Tbird a few years ago, and the ad was only in 2 days when the car was sold.
I would say, look at the pictures I have enclosed, and do whatever it takes to make your vehicle as appealing as this one was when sold.

Bob.
Tough comparison given that isn't a 230,000 truck

Old 01-08-2019, 04:08 PM

978 posts, read 260,067 times
This has been mentioned but it bears repeating - never post a pic of a car for sale showing a gallon jug of antifreeze. This is a strong suggestion that the owner must drive around with antifreeze to top up, the best case scenario is a coolant leak, the worst case is a head gasket. If this vehicle has a problem like that, karma is a ***** so you better either fix or disclose the problem. Otherwise, clean it up and retake photos sans the af jug and getto blaster in the back. Maybe you can sell that to a homie, but I wouldn't include it with the vehicle.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:16 PM

10,953 posts, read 20,520,055 times
Xterras are well known to leak coolant into the transmission, destroying it. Even if this isn't the affected model year that antifreeze jug would scare the crap out of me. "New radiator" says the damage was already done. And I agree about the subwoofer, screams young kid with no money to maintain the car.

For fun try adjusting the price to $900 and see how many hits you get.

Is the car currently inspected and registered? That would also help with that info.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:20 PM

13,934 posts, read 30,008,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
This has been mentioned but it bears repeating - never post a pic of a car for sale showing a gallon jug of antifreeze. This is a strong suggestion that the owner must drive around with antifreeze to top up, the best case scenario is a coolant leak, the worst case is a head gasket. If this vehicle has a problem like that, karma is a ***** so you better either fix or disclose the problem. Otherwise, clean it up and retake photos sans the af jug and getto blaster in the back. Maybe you can sell that to a homie, but I wouldn't include it with the vehicle.
Or oil.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:25 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,683,901 times
Close the hood in the pics too. The interior isn't half as bad as some claim on here. The 2wd, good luck with that, was this vehicle given to you? Why would anyone in MI get a 2wd suv meant to somewhat explore off road? It's like when I learned they made 2wd Jeeps in CA, wtf???? Mall crawlers. Do your subs slide/bang around while driving? Take those out and offer it for free to whomever is buying.

Basically you put zero effort in and are getting zero effort in return. Price is way too high too.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:38 PM

978 posts, read 260,067 times
Here's how I would word your ad:

From this,
"Looking to sell my 2001 Nissan Xterra. V-6 automatic, 2x4 , power windows, power locks, power mirrors, roof rack, running boards, tow package, hefty bumper guard, aftermarket radio and subs. Newer tires and breaks, new radiator, new tie rods, new distributor, new battery. Plugs and wires are a couple of years old but ALL six have been changed. Very solid only a little rust on the rocker and tailgate. Gets good mpg.
Will trade for a 80s-90s Ford F-150"

To this,
"2001 Nissan Xterra 2wd, good condition 230k. Runs/rides great, new tires, brakes and battery. Well maintained and very dependable, needs nothing."

Then post some decent pics at a $1500 price.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:46 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,941,810 times
I've seen worse interiors, especially for a really old truck/SUV.

Definitely remove all personal items or anything unsightly. Probably should invest in some cheap, basic, new (or hardly used - might find some on CL) gray floor mats; maybe seat covers too. Lower the price to &1500 or a little lower, but be willing to accept between $900- $1200. Honestly, only first time car buyers (teenage boy most likely) or people with a combination of money and car issues will take an interest.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:46 PM

157 posts, read 23,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
And not the rust?
IN Michigan that's a clean car. The rust is barely anything for the midwest. You're spoiled living in the NW where cars rarely rust out. I know, I spent 35 years in the Seattle area and what we called rusty scrap back there would be considered clean new sheetmetal in Michigan or in the NE.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:24 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,350,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Why would anyone in MI get a 2wd suv meant to somewhat explore off road? It's like when I learned they made 2wd Jeeps in CA, wtf????
What I thought as well. I thought it was in AZ or something.
I was gobsmacked when I saw MI.

Plus the thing is a damn pit. To quote The Wolf from Pulp Fiction... Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the **** car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or