U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM

9,131 posts, read 7,600,389 times

Advertisements

Saw a jerk (a jerk for different reason) with his car door open and engine running while he puts gas in his car. I hoped someone would hop in and steal his car to teach the idiot a lesson. Heís a jerk because after he fillled his tank he pulled up to the store taking three parking spaces including one handicap space. Think capital E with the 3 lines being the parking lanes and the vertical line on the left being his car. He works for a food delivery service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM

79 posts, read 48,140 times
When I was a kid the attendants, remember those, used to fill the cars up while they smoked a cigarette. Times have a changed.

Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM

357 posts, read 352,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfn111 View Post
When I was a kid the attendants, remember those, used to fill the cars up while they smoked a cigarette. Times have a changed.
Is this true? I don't see too many people thinking that would be a very good idea, even in the 1950's.

Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM

17,080 posts, read 18,307,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrabel View Post
Is this true? I don't see too many people thinking that would be a very good idea, even in the 1950's.
Iíve seen it multiple times. There are plenty of stupid people out there

Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfn111 View Post
Just a few months ago an inattentive customer and a faulty nozzle caused a very dangerous incident at the same service station. The customer locked the nozzle open and walked away while it was filling. The nozzle didnít click off when the tank was full. It just kept pumping fuel. Fire trucks and hazmat had to be called out and the station was closed until all the nozzles were tested and replaced. If the customer at that time had left the vehicle running then this would have resulted in a massive fire.

Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM

357 posts, read 352,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Saw a jerk (a jerk for different reason) with his car door open and engine running while he puts gas in his car. I hoped someone would hop in and steal his car to teach the idiot a lesson. He’s a jerk because after he fillled his tank he pulled up to the store taking three parking spaces including one handicap space. Think capital E with the 3 lines being the parking lanes and the vertical line on the left being his car. He works for a food delivery service.
Was it really cold outside? I'm pretty sure gasoline is less explosive when it's really cold out, so if this was the case it wouldn't have really been much of an issue. Still illegal though.

Was this actually diesel? Diesel, for most intents and purposes isn't explosive at all. Many diesel vehicles might not get shut off at all for days or weeks at a time during the coldest part of the winter. I'm pretty sure most truck stops don't have an issue with this.

Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrabel View Post
Was it really cold outside? I'm pretty sure gasoline is less explosive when it's really cold out, so if this was the case it wouldn't have really been much of an issue. Still illegal though.

Was this actually diesel? Diesel, for most intents and purposes isn't explosive at all. Many diesel vehicles might not get shut off at all for days or weeks at a time during the coldest part of the winter. I'm pretty sure most truck stops don't have an issue with this.
47 degrees according to the dashboard thermometer. Nissan Altima doesnít come in diesel in USA.

Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM

14,499 posts, read 12,850,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Saw a jerk (a jerk for different reason) with his car door open and engine running while he puts gas in his car. I hoped someone would hop in and steal his car to teach the idiot a lesson. Heís a jerk because after he fillled his tank he pulled up to the store taking three parking spaces including one handicap space. Think capital E with the 3 lines being the parking lanes and the vertical line on the left being his car. He works for a food delivery service.
Assuming this info was on the car he was driving, you should have reported him to his employer.

Very bad PR.

Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Assuming this info was on the car he was driving, you should have reported him to his employer.

Very bad PR.
Notified them online with a description of driver, description of vehicle, time of day, and location of station. Didnít get his license plate number.

Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM

17,749 posts, read 18,913,783 times
Pull the shut off switch at the place for smokers or engine runners that will get the FD's attention pretty quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or