U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 04:34 PM

4,208 posts, read 3,831,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
My wife and I both have Subaruís one is an 07 and the other is a 01. Nothing digital the radio one the hvac are not tied in together. Sure they are not shiney and have all the toys that most cars do these days but everything still works my wife needs a new seat I need switch so she can use your heated seat on the driver side.
Even on my car my sunroof still works my heated seat for roast your naughty bits until they are nice and toasty. I have often though what will I replace my 01 with when the time comes. I think I would buy another Subaru forester, this oneís been so good and with 333K on it sheís getting up there. Although I would buy the newest one I could find with none of the tech on it.
Would probably be an Impreza with Pzeo(whatever that is) Drive, or a Legacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 07:12 AM

13,941 posts, read 8,847,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Would probably be an Impreza with Pzeo(whatever that is) Drive, or a Legacy.
I can find an 08 Forester with out all the tech on it looked at some already just not in a hurry for my 01 to die.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:25 PM

166 posts, read 158,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
It's not popular because you have to be physically connected to the OBD2 port to do so.
He he, meanwhile millions of people are driving around with OBDII dongles attached to their cars to report to the insurance company. I can put my dongle from my scanner into a car and track it and read all info from a web page. Impossible to hack my Butt.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:30 PM

166 posts, read 158,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1538 View Post
Your guage setup in you car now is digital with an analog interface. No real difference outside of the screen. Analog gauge clusters stop working to.

Although, I will say I'm not a big fan of having the radio and hvac controls tied into one screen.
You are kidding right? Instument panels are yet another module on the car, programed with the VIN for specific info and also carry the theft deterent system and are CAN bussed to all the other modules. Everything works as a team, talking to each other. Go get a junkyard cluster and put it in a modern car and see if the car will start.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:03 PM

18,209 posts, read 19,278,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
So many cars these days are going to Digital gauges and I would bet that would cost thousands of dollars to replace once out of warranty .
These prices from this place night surges you and warranted.

Speedometer Repair Guy Speedometer

Old 02-06-2019, 11:30 PM

382 posts, read 291,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmelfi View Post
You are kidding right? Instument panels are yet another module on the car, programed with the VIN for specific info and also carry the theft deterent system and are CAN bussed to all the other modules. Everything works as a team, talking to each other. Go get a junkyard cluster and put it in a modern car and see if the car will start.
You obviously weren't paying attention to who I replied to, or comprehended what I was implying.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:00 AM

13,941 posts, read 8,847,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
These prices from this place night surges you and warranted.

Speedometer Repair Guy Speedometer
One place out of, how many? Typically most people still take thier cars to the dealer because they assume that they are they best to repair/fix thier cars.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:04 AM

2,155 posts, read 923,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmelfi View Post
I had a brand new K2500 Suburban with just this issue. It wa in the shop constantly for a no start condition, fuel erratic fuel gauge, etc - at one point the dealer had it for 6 MONTHS. Turned out it was a 2005 IP in a 2004 truck, built that way from the factory. The poor dealer just kept ordering the wrong part. After they figured that out things went a little, but not a lot, better. That truck was terrible.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:15 AM

4,742 posts, read 11,860,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
I had a brand new K2500 Suburban with just this issue. It wa in the shop constantly for a no start condition, fuel erratic fuel gauge, etc - at one point the dealer had it for 6 MONTHS. Turned out it was a 2005 IP in a 2004 truck, built that way from the factory. The poor dealer just kept ordering the wrong part. After they figured that out things went a little, but not a lot, better. That truck was terrible.
avoid GM like the plague.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:56 PM

404 posts, read 71,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
avoid GM like the plague.
My daily driver is a 5 year old Volt with 35k miles and I have a 2500 Suburban with 130k miles for tow duties, and it's gone all over the east coast with a trailer in tow with no problems. Why should I avoid my cars?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or