U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 11:15 AM

29 posts, read 6,748 times

Advertisements

May we ask why your 2015 Elantra has been at the dealership for so long? Waiting on a part? In this situation I feel I'd be more stressed about the reliability of my 3-4 yr old car, future issues, costs vs. how to program radio presets on the loaner. (Maybe you are and this is just a concurrent thought)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 12:24 PM

9,203 posts, read 7,646,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper3785 View Post
May we ask why your 2015 Elantra has been at the dealership for so long? Waiting on a part? In this situation I feel I'd be more stressed about the reliability of my 3-4 yr old car, future issues, costs vs. how to program radio presets on the loaner. (Maybe you are and this is just a concurrent thought)
Iím very stressed and am trying to make light of the situation. I enjoy test driving different vehicles for a few days but if I have to get a different vehicle every week or two then this is going to get old quick. When my car gets up to temperature then it begins to stall when coming to a full stop and as it gets worse it becomes harder to restart. Watched the RPMs drop below 600 and the engine dies. Prior to this problem the engine RPM at idle when at full operating temperature was around 675 RPM. I had to left foot brake while keeping about 700 rpm with right foot on the gas just to get to the dealership. Last I talked to them they had contacted technicians at Hyundai and were given a list of parts to replace and they were waiting on the parts order. Iím waiting until Iím not so stressed before calling for an update. I do general building maintenance so I understand having to wait on parts or diagnosing an intermittent problem. I want to speak with them when Iím calm and cool. If it was legal and I wasnít subject to random drug testing for working at a hospital Iíd have a bite or two of pot brownies an hour or two before calling.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
GM radio: tune the station, push the button until it beeps, station preset done

I've driven the Cruze and I thought it felt like an Audi A4!
Thanks. Iíll set the stations tonight after work while sitting in the employee parking tower.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:46 PM

1,902 posts, read 764,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Iím very stressed and am trying to make light of the situation. I enjoy test driving different vehicles for a few days but if I have to get a different vehicle every week or two then this is going to get old quick. When my car gets up to temperature then it begins to stall when coming to a full stop and as it gets worse it becomes harder to restart. Watched the RPMs drop below 600 and the engine dies. Prior to this problem the engine RPM at idle when at full operating temperature was around 675 RPM. I had to left foot brake while keeping about 700 rpm with right foot on the gas just to get to the dealership. Last I talked to them they had contacted technicians at Hyundai and were given a list of parts to replace and they were waiting on the parts order. Iím waiting until Iím not so stressed before calling for an update. I do general building maintenance so I understand having to wait on parts or diagnosing an intermittent problem. I want to speak with them when Iím calm and cool. If it was legal and I wasnít subject to random drug testing for working at a hospital Iíd have a bite or two of pot brownies an hour or two before calling.
I donít understand the high anxiety level over getting your car repaired. Not being critical of you personally, but it is just a car. Eventually they will either figure it out or work with you to make it right somehow. I really wouldnít worry about this.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:53 PM

5,863 posts, read 3,607,728 times
I took a 2001 BMW to the dealer for the Takata air bag recall, and they gave me a 2018 model as a loaner. I didn't know where to begin with it--and I mean that literally, I didn't even know how to start it. Things have changed a lot in 17 years.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
I donít understand the high anxiety level over getting your car repaired. Not being critical of you personally, but it is just a car. Eventually they will either figure it out or work with you to make it right somehow. I really wouldnít worry about this.
This was just the latest on top of everything else. I work rotating shifts at a hospital boiler room and spent the past month training two new hires since Iíve been here the longest in our department, 19 years, and yet Iím the youngest in our department, turn 50 in a few weeks. Wife has multiple health problems involving her spine and arthritis. When the two of us goes anywhere together I have to be the driver so she can take her medications. Her sister lives across the street. Weíre her ride since she canít drive since her DUI and losing a decent paying job because of the DUI (companyís insurance would not cover her driving the companyís vehicles. She now does food prep at Buffalo Wild Wings 4 miles from our home. We just had our washing machine repaired and it still doesnít work right. Calling them out again. Most likely the cause of the stress is I have Aspergers and I donít like unexpected negative changes. I thought I would have the same loaner until my repairs were complete. Just as I had gotten familiar and comfortable with the loaner I now have a different car from a different brand.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
GM radio: tune the station, push the button until it beeps, station preset done

I've driven the Cruze and I thought it felt like an Audi A4!
Good-compared to my car it feels more sturdy, more sound insulation, more dashboard features I would have liked in my car.

The acceleration and interior room is fine but my Elantra feels more roomy in the passenger compartment. The floor mat in the trunk over the spare doesnít look like itís made to fit in this vehicle or itís been warped through misuse.

The one negative thatís really important is the seat. Years ago I broke my tailbone. Since then certain types of seats become painful I can already tell this is going to be one of those seats. I can live with this as a temporary vehicle but I would never buy a vehicle that made my tailbone feel this way no matter how great it may be.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:20 PM

2,980 posts, read 5,044,596 times
A little too much information in this thread, victim!

Old 01-24-2019, 02:12 PM

Well, I donít like auto stop start engine feature.

Old Today, 01:00 PM

The loanerís dash display tire pressure was showing pretty high numbers. Actual pressures were in normal range below what the dash displayed. This car is 3 years old and it has a different brand tire at all four corners. Hankook, Vento, Prime Well, and Aspen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive