Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 07:27 PM

17,472 posts, read 17,292,541 times

Advertisements

Back story. 2015 Hyundai Elantra has been at the dealership for repairs since the 9th of January. They gave me a loaner, a 2017 Hyundai Elantra GT with the 173 hp engine. While fun, it is also more thirsty. Also found the 12 volt outlet on the passenger side isn’t working and the AM radio antenna isn’t connected (can’t catch local AM stations. Dealership called this afternoon. Said they sold my loaner car and will deliver another loaner tomorrow when they pick up my current loaner. Told them about the above two issues. It’s like Christmas. Can’t wait to see what they bring me tomorrow. Will it be a shiny new Schwin with all the lights and bells or will it be a package of new socks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 07:28 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,664,144 times
Well, take it up with the loaner arranger when he gets there.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:04 PM

6,975 posts, read 5,301,563 times
What’s the big deal about a loaner they don’t have to give you a Cadillac, they just have to give you basic transportation.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:58 PM

6,409 posts, read 6,931,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
What’s the big deal about a loaner they don’t have to give you a Cadillac, they just have to give you basic transportation.
If you are friends with the person giving out the loaners, they can be far from basic. Got a Macan turbo for a week or so and a new $100k brand new model change Panamera another time.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:36 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,778,912 times
A friend of mine had a Toyota in for the frame recall, they gave him a some high performance truck with 500 miles on it for two months. It was somewhere between $45-$50K new. He has small engine repair business, we're driving around with it loading snowblowers and lawnmowers into it. Actually sucked because it was way to high for that job. They knew he had $$$, I suspect they were hoping for sale.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:39 AM

2,692 posts, read 3,312,085 times
When I drop off my Pick Up, I always arrange for a high end Pick Up or SUV, last time was a Tahoe.....one time I got the service Managers Demo Pick Up, another a Caddy. I've been doing business with them for a long time and know most on a first name basis.....I think that helps. As far as our Nissan....dropped of a Maxima and ended up with a used Sentra....never again.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:37 AM

6,975 posts, read 5,301,563 times
My wife dropped off her New 2016 Kia Sorento in 2016 that some a hole hit while in a parking lot in Florida and tried to take off but was caught by 4 witnesses. Insurance only gave her Nissan Versa for a loaner hey it got her to work and to the store, no big deal. Then the dealer that fixed the Kia screwed up the repairs it looked like a high school auto body shop student fixed it and the dealer thought it was ok. I called State Farm and they threatened to remove the dealer as a authorized State Farm auto body repair facilitie, well that got them working to redo her Kia.Then they gave her a Sentra for a loaner it wasn’t bad better than the versa, it served the purpose to provide transportation while your vehicle is in for repairs. They don’t have to match your vehicle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:41 AM

17,472 posts, read 17,292,541 times
Just got the replacement loaner. It’s a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze LT with 1.4L turbo 153 HP and 6 speed auto transmission. No owners manual in the car. Was able to pull it up online. It’s going to take some time to figure out exactly how to preset my radio stations (while parked of course). Was difficult to find the seat forward adjustment latch. It’s a tab located in front under the right leg instead of a bar across the length of the front of the seat bottom. Plain white paint. Wipers stalk works in reverse of my car but at least it’s in the same location. Glad to have the rear view camera again. The Elantra GT loaner was a base model and didn’t have the camera. Useful when backing out of a parking space and surrounded by large vehicles.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:48 AM

16,979 posts, read 21,625,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Just got the replacement loaner. It’s a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze LT with 1.4L turbo 153 HP and 6 speed auto transmission. No owners manual in the car. Was able to pull it up online. It’s going to take some time to figure out exactly how to preset my radio stations (while parked of course). Was difficult to find the seat forward adjustment latch. It’s a tab located in front under the right leg instead of a bar across the length of the front of the seat bottom. Plain white paint. Wipers stalk works in reverse of my car but at least it’s in the same location. Glad to have the rear view camera again. The Elantra GT loaner was a base model and didn’t have the camera. Useful when backing out of a parking space and surrounded by large vehicles.
GM radio: tune the station, push the button until it beeps, station preset done

I've driven the Cruze and I thought it felt like an Audi A4!

Old 01-23-2019, 10:55 AM

9,611 posts, read 21,140,076 times
I don't even set the presets on the cars that I own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive