U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 02:51 PM

10,901 posts, read 3,573,758 times

Advertisements

No, that is not what auto insurance is for.

Auto insurance is a contract between you and the insurance company that protects you against financial loss in the event of an accident or theft. In exchange for your paying a premium, the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as outlined in your policy.

https://www.iii.org/article/what-auto-insurance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM

15,779 posts, read 15,752,855 times
I have asked my share of odd questions, but this one, LOL.

I think I will file an insurance-claim for my upcoming oil-change!!!!!!

Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM

2,972 posts, read 1,326,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
No, that is not what auto insurance is for.

Auto insurance is a contract between you and the insurance company that protects you against financial loss in the event of an accident or theft. In exchange for your paying a premium, the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as outlined in your policy.

https://www.iii.org/article/what-auto-insurance
Thanks.

And thanks for the other smart-has answers from others. ( Who didnt talk about the factory warranty, extended warranties)

Old Today, 04:38 AM

3,341 posts, read 907,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Thanks.

And thanks for the other smart-has answers from others. ( Who didnt talk about the factory warranty, extended warranties)
If you buy a vehicle itís up to you to understand about your warranty if you donít no anything about vehicles than take someone with you so they can ask the dealer about the warranty and what it will and will not covers and what an extended warranty cost and deductible and cost. And if youíre going to post silly questions on a forum then get ready for silly answers.

Old Today, 05:09 AM

5,062 posts, read 5,129,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
However can we file a car insurance claim only in case of accidents. Is this how it is or is there a way car insurnance covers your repairs not caused by accidents?? Say I perform a 90k service and can I file a claim??
There are extended car warranties all over the place.
None will cover normal maintenance items or "wear" items.

Some people love them while others state that these extended 3rd party warranties are worthless.

Some state to purchase from the local brand dealership and to purchase an original manufacturers extended warranty. Might get better results with this if you take car to same dealership for repairs.

My local mechanic does not deal with any extended warranties. As too much time on the telephone arguing with the extended warranty company people.

Old Today, 09:10 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,990,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
I know VW and Mercedes offers Prepaid maintenance programs. Other manufactures may as well
Actually, it seems a lot of finance managers at various other brand dealerships are pushing prepaid service & scheduled maintenance contracts on buyers when closing the sale. It may be a good deal & save you some money if you have all of that servicing done at their place over the years/miles. But remember, you are paying in advance for stuff that may not be needed until a few years down the road. Or maybe never, if you trade before it runs out.

Even if the finance manager doesn't get you, the service writer might try if you return for service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or