U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 07:59 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,712,655 times

Advertisements

[quote=Taksan;54254767]Thatís really interesting Iíve never had a car keyed or anything negative attention UNTIL Trump came to office and then all the protesters hanging around town used to hurl abuse at the residents who were trying to access the island through the Southern blvd bridge. Last year a female protester actually spat on me as I drove past in a 95 Corniche with the top down ( lovely old beast ) this happened right in front of PB police who promptly arrested them and I actually decided to press full charges and followed the whole thing through as a matter of principle.
Iíve never had a car keyed or anything really negative other then that but I donít tend to park in areas that would be remotely questionable.

I just collect what I like ... I donít care what other people like. Mostly certain US muscle cars like early C3 vetteís, Chevelleís, Rivieras etc Old Mercedes particularly W108/111/112 and 70ís Broughamness like the MkV and a few other Lincolnís and Cadillacs and of course a few special English cars. They are all my babies and I get great pleasure out of them. And thatís more important to me then what anyone else thinks./QUOTE]

That's the only thing that matters. I don't care what others think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM

16,796 posts, read 10,306,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZxww0FQh3Q

Personally, I have never been a great fan of most "Supercars." Most of them seem to come with Super Problems such as the F355S; a car I would like to own - if it weren't for the engine removal every few thousand miles to change belts. I suppose though that if you could really afford the car, that wouldn't be much of an issue.

But even if I could afford them (I can't), the practical side of me would say they aren't worth the bother.

Now on the other hand, there is my favorite, the Ford GT (2005) which some say is not too much trouble, and there is the Corvette - troublesome? I couldn't tell you - but it doesn't appeal -aesthetics wise.

Does anyone here have a supercar that does not give you headaches?

Super car is a relative term. Super in what respect ? HP numbers, acceleration, cornering, all the above ? Cars like Ferraris and that ilk could be called Super Cars, but so could a number of other cars, like the Dodge Demon, Mustang Super Snakes, etc. It all depends on what kind of car you like.

Old Today, 10:00 AM
gg

17,282 posts, read 17,562,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am having a 1959 corvette restomod being built for me right now. The engine and transmission will be brand new as well as the chassis and suspension. It will retain the classic look, but with modern engine, electronics and accessories. I donít anticipate not being able to use it as a reliable daily driver as it should perform like a brand new car.
I had a '60 Vette years ago and loved it. Really a well designed car with a trunk and simplicity. I would love to hear about your car more. Maybe PM me info. I would love to have a restromod just like what you are doing. I miss my '60 which is the same as the '59 other than some little trim bits inside.

Old Today, 10:57 AM

9,651 posts, read 11,550,726 times
I knew a guy that daily drove his R8 V10, traded that and got a Lambo Huracan. Only place he won't take it is the airport, car will drain the battery after a couple weeks creating a hassle to get it jumped or worse towed out of the airport garage.

He drives it like a regular car, he loves to say he isn't "saving" the car for the next owner!

Old Today, 11:33 AM

4,046 posts, read 2,235,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I knew a guy that daily drove his R8 V10, traded that and got a Lambo Huracan. Only place he won't take it is the airport, car will drain the battery after a couple weeks creating a hassle to get it jumped or worse towed out of the airport garage.

He drives it like a regular car, he loves to say he isn't "saving" the car for the next owner!
Wow I would love a Lambo Huracan Perf... That V10 would be sonic bliss!

Old Today, 05:11 PM

123 posts, read 20,285 times
R8 and Huracan ..... same car !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or