U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 12:48 AM

25 posts, read 22,763 times

Advertisements

Wasn't sure whether to post in automotive or politics, but this one really gets me...mainly on 2 lane highway roads where there's 2 lanes to travel, but people seem to all too quickly jump into the right lane after passing a vehicle, resulting in rock chip after rock chip to my windshield, front bumper, rear view mirror, hood, sometimes even the condensor

It's just stupid and senseless. Sometimes there will be no cars behind them, and they leave like 1 car space between before getting back into the right lane. Occasionally I'll get really pissed off, speed up and cut off the other person, who just passed and got into the travel lane too soon. Karma, ***** lol.

What especially gets me are the ones who speed up in the right lane, to attempt to pass me while I am in the passing lane. One person did that to me the other day, I got so annoyed that after a minute, I ran up on their ass at 90 mph just slowing down inches from their bumper, turned my high beams on, and as they were exiting, I cut off another driver and continued with my brights on their ass until they exited...just to scare the **** out of whoever it was.

Other times, if I see them trying to pass...ill speed up to prevent them from cutting me off, with hopes they crash into the car they are trying to pass in front of them. But mainly to avoid another rock chip...

I know it's annoying and even unsafe to hog the passing lane, but that's not what I refer to. It's the unnecessary switching of lanes with not enough space to prevent rock chips from flying into the car behind. I once had a brand new windshield installed, with the painters tape still on it. Some idiot hops into my lane with a lariat pickup, and knicked my brand new windshield. Fortunately it was a small one and didn't spread.

The only time that law should apply to are semis. Otherwise, all lanes should be open to travel. If and when they pass, I quickly jump into the left lane until they are well ahead of me, considering the likelihood of getting pegged.

In 6 years, I've replaced 3 windshields, but I have 2 right now that have chips I'm hoping won't crack. I don't take likely when someone isn't courteous enough and dings my windshield.

Last edited by Destination Succeed; Today at 02:02 AM..

Old Today, 01:47 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,348,418 times
You sound like a danger to everyone else.

Old Today, 01:52 AM

5,195 posts, read 2,020,938 times
Make sure I understand...your way to deal with traffic law frustration is road rage? Someday you are going to end up with a lot more damage than rock chips.

And you say other drivers are stupid and careless...pot, meet kettle.

Old Today, 02:06 AM

34,712 posts, read 53,254,747 times
Per Forum sticky:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Please do not start any more threads about left-lane (passing-lane) driving. Not only has this topic been discussed ad nauseam previously, the threads always end badly, with personal attacks, bickering and off-topic remarks.

Any new posts about left-lane driving may earn the poster an infraction for trolling. Just don't do it!

Please learn to obey Traffic Laws and Forum rules.
This thread is closed.
World, Europe, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Exercise and Fitness, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by elnina; Today at 02:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or