U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Car Company Will Go Bankrupt Next?
Ford 1 1.89%
GM 7 13.21%
FCA 13 24.53%
VW Group 3 5.66%
Daimler 1 1.89%
BMW 1 1.89%
Tesla 20 37.74%
Honda 0 0%
Nissan Alliance 2 3.77%
Toyota 1 1.89%
Mazda 1 1.89%
Volvo / Geely 3 5.66%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 10:50 AM

4,125 posts, read 2,270,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I do live in MN, and yes a tiny town north of Duluth here got to -56 actual temperature. Coldest temps come when the wind isnít blowing. It was in -30 to -20 all day in twin cities since Monday evening. I donít even want to look at what it was in International Falls, MN.
Wow that is indeed crazy... I could only imagine your eyes and nose freezing instantly when walking out into that temp.

Do cars start without a block heater or whatever the tech would be at that temperature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 11:40 AM

2,973 posts, read 2,734,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Wow that is indeed crazy... I could only imagine your eyes and nose freezing instantly when walking out into that temp.

Do cars start without a block heater or whatever the tech would be at that temperature?
If you have a decent battery, it'll start just fine, just a tad slower. It'll also take way longer to get warm. It hasn't been this cold here since 1996 and that was only time I got off of school while in high school. Schools were cancelled and so was mail delivery. It's going to be 40 and raining tomorrow and Sunday. I own a snow removal company and while you are out shoveling you are warm and sweat and I had to work Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday was very cold and using a snowblower the fine snow was getting in my eyes (I should have brought ski goggles) and I had a small fear of my eyes freezing. This is where windchill played a role, blowing snow.

If you sat on a bench not moving outside in these temps, you're F'ed

Old 02-01-2019, 11:44 AM

3,430 posts, read 935,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post

Iíve seen people leaving their vehicles run 24 hours a day in this type of extreme cold weather hell there not going to overheat lol lol.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Iíve seen people leaving their vehicles run 24 hours a day in this type of extreme cold weather hell there not going to overheat lol lol.
That's overkill unless your battery sucks, or have a diesel truck and no plug in.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
That's overkill unless your battery sucks, or have a diesel truck and no plug in.
Well I’ve seen it and people can do what they want no law about leaving your vehicle run all day and night.

I’ve seen diesel fuel gel up in the fuel tanks in extreme cold weather most semi trucks never shut down in the winter months i know my brother nev shut his rig dow that’s when he was running #2 diesel fuel it wasn’t the cleanest it smoked like hell especially during getting going and shifting gears.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Well Iíve seen it and people can do what they want no law about leaving your vehicle run all day and night.
True, but there's laws in Mpls and St Paul that you can't idle a car on the streets, too many are stolen I guess. No clue if it's enforced.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
True, but there's laws in Mpls and St Paul that you can't idle a car on the streets, too many are stolen I guess. No clue if it's enforced.
I would think the police have better things to do than enforce a stupid idleing law. Any ways Iím talking about doing it in a pretty decent area not a major city, hell no one is stupid enough to leave their vehicles idling in Detroit over night.

Old 02-01-2019, 03:44 PM

170 posts, read 27,384 times
I hope Toyota will go bankrupt in the near future. Honda makes better cars

Old 02-01-2019, 05:14 PM

5,246 posts, read 8,251,148 times
Tesla... although it's unfortunate since they were the pioneers but they are really struggling but they can just not make it with the loss of the credit, the inability to rein in their costs, service their debt, make cheaper models and face the competition. In my view it's only a matter of time that they go bust.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:36 AM

589 posts, read 247,660 times
FCA and Ford i think are most likely to go bankrupt due to risks if gas prices go up as they do not make any cars anymore but gm has a few cars left like the Spark and Malibu so it is less likely to go bankrupt and Tesla may never go bankrupt as elon musk has alot of money and Tesla has tons of tech hype and apple or google might buy Tesla so Tesla would not go way unlike FCA or Ford that may go away due to lack of tech
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive