U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM

84 posts, read 11,820 times

Advertisements

Why are there creases and wrinkles on my car drivers seat fabric and how can I repair it to how it was originally? My car is only 3 years old and the drivers seat is already really worn out with wrinkles and creases especially on the very left side. The drivers side seat is not like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM

Here is photo of the seat fabric
Attached Thumbnails
Car seat creases (wrinkles)-b4cc386a-d62c-4a1f-b90e-1233f6d0c9fa.jpeg  

Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM

806 posts, read 597,336 times
Still under warranty? If so take it to the dealer and tell them to replace the seat or the fabric.

If not I would check with a upholstery shop that specializes in Automotive upholstery.

Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM

2,021 posts, read 2,215,902 times
looks to me like the fabric is riding up on the bolster. The bead is already on top of the seating area when it should be on the side, out of sight in pictures from that direction. There may be clips down the side of the seat under the bottom edge. Maybe one or two have come loose or fallen off.

Do what RJ says if it's still under warranty.

If not under warranty, and you can't figure it out, let an upholstery shop check it out. There shouldn't be wrinkles that contribute to wear on that bolster in three short years. Of course, some of it might have a relationship to the person driving it. Sometimes its a matter of weight, height, physical issues, etc.

Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM

6,481 posts, read 3,603,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Of course, some of it might have a relationship to the person driving it. Sometimes its a matter of weight, height, physical issues, etc.
And the mechanics of how you get in/out.

Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM

5,117 posts, read 7,158,344 times
Steam will remove those wrinkles.
Use what some people use to take out wrinkles in clothes.

Bob.

Old Today, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Steam will remove those wrinkles.
Use what some people use to take out wrinkles in clothes.

Bob.

Can a car detailer do this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or