U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM

2,253 posts, read 531,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Pretty much the same reason I would not recommend a Mustang, Camaro, or even a corvette for this purpose.

The GTO is not a large roomy comfortable sedan. It is not easy to get in an out of. It also has a reputation as a kids car. Most of the ones you find are modded and have been driven hard. It has an LS1, which would not be my top choice for a high miles car (My brother tested them for GM. he has always told me to avoid them at all costs.). It is rather bland looking.

They were impressive cars and a fun muscle/pony car, but not really a great choice for a long distance daily for 30K plus a year.

Downside of the G8 is only the GXP was available in manual and they did not make that many of those with manual. It is basically the same car as the Chevy SS (except the Chevy is more bland) and the Holden Commodore (I like the look of the Commodore tiny bit better, but not enough to pay the import fee. It is only subtly different).
Check www.cargurus.com, it yields more results than eBay.

Found one but it was like $35k for a G8 GXP manual. Low miles but STILL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:47 AM

448 posts, read 329,505 times
Looking at purchasing a 2010 Lexus es350 with 98k miles this afternoon. Dealer said $8500 out the door which I feel is fair as it’s in perfect condition. No record of timing belt change so I’ll probably do that if I move forward.

My Tundra is officially on the market.

Old Today, 12:29 PM

1,967 posts, read 818,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman6 View Post
Looking at purchasing a 2010 Lexus es350 with 98k miles this afternoon. Dealer said $8500 out the door which I feel is fair as itís in perfect condition. No record of timing belt change so Iíll probably do that if I move forward.

Ask them to through in the timing belt change (and water pump while you are at it). It costs them almost nothing to do the work if they have an available tech. Worse comes to worse they may split the cost with you.

Old Today, 01:42 PM

351 posts, read 269,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman6 View Post
Looking at purchasing a 2010 Lexus es350 with 98k miles this afternoon. Dealer said $8500 out the door which I feel is fair as itís in perfect condition. No record of timing belt change so Iíll probably do that if I move forward.

It has a timing chain, so no need to worry about changing it.

Old Today, 02:04 PM

448 posts, read 329,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1538 View Post
It has a timing chain, so no need to worry about changing it.
Well that explains it. Even better. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or