U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 128 times

Advertisements

I recently purchased a used car at a new car dealership but I live out of state and was told they would take car of the registration and delivery of the vehicle. It has been 5 days sense the purchase of the vehicle and the salesman that I bought the car from still can't tell me when they will bring me my car. Is this normal or am I being jerked around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM

5,406 posts, read 1,804,265 times
Do you have a contract that specifies any delivery terms?

Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM

9,067 posts, read 16,085,107 times
I doubt that the dealership would deliver it themselves so they have to line up a third party. So while I can't say that you're not being jerked around, I wouldn't be surprised if he can't tell you because they simply haven't found a hauler going in your direction yet.

Of course, you could just ask the guy why he can't tell you when the car is coming. But then I guess you wouldn't have anything to ask a bunch of random strangers on the internet who really have no way of knowing.

Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM

3,960 posts, read 4,646,625 times
Welcome to the forum Adamw144

I'd be calling the dealer everyday @ 10AM & 2PM starting the the GM or Owner

Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM

10,696 posts, read 7,624,086 times
I hope they didn't drop the ball.

When we bought a new JeeP for my wife a few years back we transferred plates, took delivery and then waited for the registration and waited and waited.. my insurance company called me up and asked me if we had actually bought the car. They had received the RMV1 from the dealer, stamped it and sent it back promptly but then after calling the dealer they searched for it and it was found out that the salesman had it and others collecting dust on his desk. Why who knows but he was fired because of it. In my state we only have so many days to transfer a registration so I don't know what would have happened if we were pulled over or worse got into an accident.

I'd keep calling the dealer until you get results.

Why aren't you picking up your new car yourself?

Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM

1,591 posts, read 1,660,038 times
They aren't using Fed Ex. Car haulers are notoriously slow. However, whenever I've used a car hauler, and even when the dealer is the one who set it up, I've always been given the name and phone number of the driver so I can call for updates.

If it's a long distance, and the weather is bad along the route, it can take a week or two. But the dealer should be giving you more info.

Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM

2,772 posts, read 2,155,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamw144 View Post
I recently purchased a used car at a new car dealership but I live out of state and was told they would take car of the registration and delivery of the vehicle. It has been 5 days sense the purchase of the vehicle and the salesman that I bought the car from still can't tell me when they will bring me my car. Is this normal or am I being jerked around?

You have not received the car. Tell them you want to back out of the deal because of the way they handled this. You'd be surprised how fast they will contact you. Some dealerships will drag their feet on things.

Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM

25,583 posts, read 61,064,939 times
How far is it? I had a friend who has his corvette shipped form Michigann to California when he moved. It took about 15 days, but there were some unusual problems. Still your driver may have encountered problems as well, especially this time of year.

Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM

2 posts, read 128 times
I have been calling everyday sense Monday and they say when we found out from our runners we will tell you. I could have come back with a temp plate on Monday but they insisted on delivering it. Why not tell me something then just we will get back to you. It is an hour and a half away. I bugged them enough that they are bringing it tomorrow morning. Thanks for the replies.

Old Today, 06:34 AM

138 posts, read 77,707 times
I bought a new car from Denver and shipped it to Detroit.

Since It was a new car, I could see the location of the car on my phone app. I found that the car was sitting in the shippers lot for a week - I guess they were finding enough cars to load the truck. Once the truck started, which was after a week of getting my car, it reached Chicago in one day, had a stop at the suburbs.

And the same day by night, the truck was in Detroit. The truck was full of cars and he told he had deliveries in Newyork etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or