U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:28 AM

914 posts, read 245,001 times

Advertisements

I'm DYING to see an 'After' picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:45 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,385,271 times
The difficulty is to do precision cut with all the nearby objects not being cut. It is a grille with 1/4" steel pipes, so when I am cutting one pipe, I don't want to accidentally cut into the next one in the wrong position. So it would need some small cutting tool, and securing it in a way that it cannot run into neighboring pipes on the same grille.
This company, and at least a few others too make the cutout so small that the pony emblem can only be seen properly from the exact front angle of the car. It is for the exact model year that I have. So I have to cut anyway.

Old Today, 02:12 PM

4,322 posts, read 1,847,946 times
An angle grinder would be way way too big.

I vote for a hacksaw (slow but reasonably quiet and safe) or Dremel with cutoff wheels. I say wheelS because they will wear down quickly. Buy the 20 or 50 pack in the little tube. Wear hearing protection.

You may have to do a combination.

Personally I would lose interest, but I am old and am starting to count my minutes.

Old Today, 06:19 PM

38,204 posts, read 39,498,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Wheel cover actually allows it to be laid down wheel side. Of course, after it STOPPED.

It's just good practice to get into no matter what.

Old Today, 06:22 PM

38,204 posts, read 39,498,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
So it would need some small cutting tool, and securing it in a way that it cannot run into neighboring pipes on the same grille.

The small air tools are pretty easy to manage and there is a screw on them for adjusting the speed. Of course you can adjust at the compressor too by lowering outlet pressure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or