Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorite car interior color?
Beige 12 19.67%
Black 17 27.87%
Gray 12 19.67%
Brown 5 8.20%
Two Tone 8 13.11%
Other 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 03:41 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times

Advertisements

Cheastnut / Walnut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 03:57 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,317,520 times
Depends on the exterior color. I like black or tan interiors in black cars, black or charcoal grey in grey or silver cars, tan in green or red cars. Tan or black in white cars, and the new Bentley GT has a lovely dark green and cream two-tone that is available that works well with it's dark green metallic paint.

My Volt is the medium-dark blue and the tan (well, Pebble Beige) suede and leather interior suites it well.

And the Dakota tan interior in my BMW convertible compliments its black exterior nicely.

And my favorite BMW interior combination is this caramel and black two-tone:

Old 02-22-2019, 03:57 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,247,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I mean the objective should be to keep your attention on the road, not on your interior right? Black does the best job of that.
Black makes zero difference as far as attention goes.
But black leather makes a heck of a difference as far as interior temperature goes.

My Saab had an all black interior. The thing would get hot like magma... never again.
The light leather interiors I've had since don't get hot at all. No cooled seats required.

Black cloth is fine, it doesn't get hot. My Eclipse Spyder has and my Miata had a black cloth interior.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:03 PM

603 posts, read 442,016 times
My wife’s new car ... pure cream diamond quilted leather with navy piping and accents and walnut wood trim ....

It just looks amazing... especially on a blue car. I’ve got a similar car but with a cream and brown interior and this just pops so much more ...

Attached Thumbnails
What's your favorite car interior color?-25efb628-cb1c-4058-a90f-b3cb2632298e.jpeg  

Old 02-22-2019, 05:46 PM

17,298 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Black makes zero difference as far as attention goes.
But black leather makes a heck of a difference as far as interior temperature goes.

My Saab had an all black interior. The thing would get hot like magma... never again.
The light leather interiors I've had since don't get hot at all. No cooled seats required.

Black cloth is fine, it doesn't get hot. My Eclipse Spyder has and my Miata had a black cloth interior.
Window tint does make a huge difference with that. Had the whole titan black leather setup on my GTI. It would bake out in the sun at work all day. Before tint it was horrible. But even worse was the chrome trim on the shifter. Too painful to touch. Got some ceramic tint all around including a barely visible windshield tint and while I won't say it made it pleasant to sit in after it had sat in the sun for 8 hours, nothing was painful to the touch anymore including that chrome trim and the leather seats while wearing shorts.

And now even a mid trim Kia Soul is offering cooled seats which is a huge plus.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:32 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
42nd shade of gray

Old 02-22-2019, 06:34 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
Depends on the exterior color. I like black or tan interiors in black cars, black or charcoal grey in grey or silver cars, tan in green or red cars. Tan or black in white cars, and the new Bentley GT has a lovely dark green and cream two-tone that is available that works well with it's dark green metallic paint.

My Volt is the medium-dark blue and the tan (well, Pebble Beige) suede and leather interior suites it well.

And the Dakota tan interior in my BMW convertible compliments its black exterior nicely.

And my favorite BMW interior combination is this caramel and black two-tone:
that caramel looks good!!

Old 02-22-2019, 07:05 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,205,244 times
I doubt if I could tell you the interior color of any car Ive ever owned, except to guess the same color as the exterior and often be right. I only pay attention to exterior colors to help me find them in parking lots.

Old 02-22-2019, 08:42 PM

496 posts, read 445,400 times
I've always liked a light colored interior like beige or greige. My old car had tan cloth with black trim, which I liked. I wanted a tan in my new car, but I ended up getting one with black leather, because that's just what it happened to have. I think it looks good with the white exterior and dark interior trim. It actually doesn't seem to get that hot but it does have perforations which probably keeps it cooler. Plus it has ventilated seats if I need it.

Also I had a rental car one summer that was black with black cloth seats - didn't seem to get any hotter than a light colored car, at least to me.

A green or bronze colored car I think looks great with beige interior.

Last edited by whatsgoingon4; 02-22-2019 at 08:52 PM..

Old 02-22-2019, 09:32 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
. . . . .

My eclipse spyder . . . .
vr4?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive