Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2019, 02:59 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Lol, not even close to being true.
Clearly I struck a nerve, please tell us, what unaffordable depreciating luxury vehicle have you financed recently only to ask someone to take over the payments on craigslist?

Top 5 cars of the wealthy ($200K+ income earners):
Ford F-150
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Honda Pilot
Jeep Wrangler
Honda civic

https://clark.com/cars/5-vehicles-rich-americans-drive/
Rich Americans: Ford F-150, Jeep, Honda Most Popular Cars | Money

Yup, doesn't look like many $700 car payments in that bunch of vehicles.

Last edited by Rocko20; 03-03-2019 at 03:30 AM..

Old 03-03-2019, 04:42 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
I learned from my Father to save and pay cash or just stick with what you got. Yeah, I couldn't do that when I was young but that's what I've done for 20 years....now I have 3 great cars in my garage all paid for.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:31 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Clearly I struck a nerve, please tell us, what unaffordable depreciating luxury vehicle have you financed recently only to ask someone to take over the payments on craigslist?

Ford F-150
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Honda Pilot
Jeep Wrangler
Honda civic

Funny, I've owned three of the vehicles on that list and I've been cross shopping the other two recently. I must have expensive taste. I new my neighbor with the Land Rover was trying way too hard.

Coincidently, all those vehicles have pretty strong resell values. When they trade them in, they're not paying full MSRP on the newest ones.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:38 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I disagree if people want to work and have a good paying job and have no car they would take public transportation.
But they would have a car. I know nobody with a good paying job that doesn't have a car. When they get a raise they get a nicer car. Then they get a boat. Believe it or not most people don't work just to keep food on the table.

Old 03-03-2019, 06:52 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
But they would have a car. I know nobody with a good paying job that doesn't have a car. When they get a raise they get a nicer car. Then they get a boat. Believe it or not most people don't work just to keep food on the table.
MOST people do exactly that. But back to the topic living in a big city, Atlanta, New York New York, Ect.
It’s easier to move around with good public transportation. Many people who have lived in cities like I mentioned above, have never had a car no need for one. Some cities have bike lanes as well just because they can afford a car doesn’t mean they will buy one. If we had trains like Europe, Japan. I’m betting that more people would use them. Cars can be very expensive to own and maintain.

Old 03-03-2019, 07:11 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
MOST people do exactly that. But back to the topic living in a big city, Atlanta, New York New York, Ect.
It’s easier to move around with good public transportation. Many people who have lived in cities like I mentioned above, have never had a car no need for one. Some cities have bike lanes as well just because they can afford a car doesn’t mean they will buy one. If we had trains like Europe, Japan. I’m betting that more people would use them. Cars can be very expensive to own and maintain.

I agree with you I think the usa needs to build more trains and people movers . People in big metros with trains and people movers would have no need for a car and I bet you the car dealerships would not be so profitable . I have a cousin who used to live in Chicago and she loved having the ell right there and could jump on and be home in ten mins from work to her apartment .Sadly she moved to Miami a couple of years ago when she could no longer take the winter and now has had to buy and pay for a car for the last two years and she hates it .we have a new car and we love it but it comes with a price like most things these days it just depends on what price you are willing to pay and keep paying for maintenance and such .

Old 03-03-2019, 07:17 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,020,839 times
We have a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk ($49.5k sticker) and a Wrangler Rubicon ($55.5k) sticker. Oh, and my 340i MSport I use for commuting. The Wrangler is the fun car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

Ford F-150
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Honda Pilot
Jeep Wrangler
Honda civic

Attached Thumbnails
Average Car Payment Now 1/Month-img_0955.jpg  

Old 03-03-2019, 07:57 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Beautiful wrangler! Every wrangler deserves to be taken to Moab at least once.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:01 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,020,839 times
It’s on the to-do list but for now enjoying a little Texas hill country rock crawling with it. It’s the most fun vehicle I’ve ever owned and I’ve had some fun ones. Love love love it. I regretted selling my last one the day I did it and missed it for 3 years until I picked up this JL back in October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Beautiful wrangler! Every wrangler deserves to be taken to Moab at least once.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:15 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
I work at a financial institution and will agree that $550 is a pretty average payment for new car loans. The hottest cars now are Jeeps, and the full size pickup trucks. Mind you I work in a mostly suburban white collar area so it ain’t like they are using these trucks for hard conditions.

As for myself, I bought a new Rogue in 2015 that I pay $350ish for. I refuse to pay anymore than $23k for a car. My next car in a couple of years will probably be a slightly used Legacy or Camry which both fall exactly in my price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive