Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 01:57 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Lol people will come through and break into your Vehicle.
Move to where that doesn't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 05:35 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
^^^THIS^^^

I will never understand how some people pick their priorities. *smh* *palm face*
Me either, my car is my priority.

BUT, I have a basement for my junk so no need to use the garage that way. And, a car is waterproof and won't be "ruined" sitting outside but the junk would be - that's just a different perspective I don't adhere to.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:10 AM

64 posts, read 44,611 times
We always park our cars in the garage. Keeps them safe, clean, and preserves the exterior/interior finishes.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:19 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,221,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock1015 View Post
Hello,

Been debating this with my S/O every time it starts getting warm. I insist on parking the cars in the garage for various reasons, cooler better security etc. Is there anything else concrete that would be a benefit to putting the car in the garage vs outside? I live in South Carolina where it is starting to get near 95 degrees everyday.

By all means put the car inside. Bad thunderstorms can cause golf ball sized hail.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:32 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,337,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Lol people will come through and break into your Vehicle.
Do you have a portable garage you take with you when you go to the grocery store, movies, gym, etc?

Old 05-22-2019, 12:05 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Refugee View Post
If the garage is attached, it's a waste and shouldn't be used for cars, lawnmowers or chemicals. Attached garages came about when this agenda 21 nonsense kicked off in earnest. Your catalytic converter keeps working for 30 minutes after you park. All kinds of fumes are being expelled into the living areas. Sure that drywall tape in the garage will protect you. 🙄

The only type of garage safe to use is a detached garage, especially if you own a car that can only use premium fuel.
BS. The catalytic converter will stay hot yes, but there’s no exhaust running through it once the engine is shut off. For anyone concerned about it all they have to do is leave the garage open for 20 minutes or so after they get home.

My garage door is in the back of my house, so it stays open 24/7 unless there’s a bad storm coming through.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:51 PM

15,794 posts, read 20,493,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
I'd be very curious to hear the other side of this "debate"...IMHO its an obvious no-brainer to put a car in a garage if one is available. Even without the convenience of a garage door opener I have and definitely would do it.
Depends on the garage layout. With my garage, I have to go in through the back door and up some narrow stairs to get into my main house area. If I have my hands full, or am carrying the baby in his carrier, it's a total PITA. Just easier to park in the driveway in front of the main entrance, and walk up 6 stairs and i'm in the house very quickly and easily. The car has factory remote start, so it's always cool/warm when I get in it.

But a more realistic reason as to why I don't park in the garage is simply because I already have two weekend cars in there.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:56 PM

15,794 posts, read 20,493,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Refugee View Post
If the garage is attached, it's a waste and shouldn't be used for cars, lawnmowers or chemicals. Attached garages came about when this agenda 21 nonsense kicked off in earnest. Your catalytic converter keeps working for 30 minutes after you park. All kinds of fumes are being expelled into the living areas. Sure that drywall tape in the garage will protect you. 🙄

The only type of garage safe to use is a detached garage, especially if you own a car that can only use premium fuel.
What differences does 91+ octane make vs 87?

Old 05-22-2019, 02:06 PM

13,714 posts, read 12,427,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
What differences does 91+ octane make vs 87?
91 Octane will penetrate the tin hat.

My neighborhood has very few Garages. Many homes in the south don't. They do have Carports that keep the car out of the sun and rain.

In my old neighborhood which was much nicer than my current neighborhood plenty of folks didn't park in their garage. Where I grew up it's almost unheard of to have a car parked outside with a bay full of stuff, though plenty of folks have their classic or fun car garaged and the DD outside. I chalk that up to snow. No snow here like they have in the midwest.

Old 05-22-2019, 03:24 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
You can get a easy to remove cover on Amazon, for maybe 20 to 30 bucks. Well worth it if you park outside in the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive