Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 08:58 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, you all are ignoring the greatest threat to human health currently present everywhere, and no one will talk about it.

I am talking, of course, about Dihydrogen Monoxide. This powerful industrial solvent is used in all kinds of manufacturing processes, found in numerous kinds of food, yet it's so dangerous that one breath of it can kill you.

As far as automobiles, not only is DHM used in the cooling system, as well as windshield washer fluid, it's even exhausted out the tail pipe along with CO2, oxides of nitrogen, hydrocarbons and other pollutants. Our atmosphere is filled with DHM vapor and most of us don't even realize it.

We need to take action and demand that this dangerous chemical be banned!
How many steering wheels have a solvent as part of the materials list?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 09:00 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
When I was growing up steering wheels were made out of wood. Some were made out of chain.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:18 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, you all are ignoring the greatest threat to human health currently present everywhere, and no one will talk about it.

I am talking, of course, about Dihydrogen Monoxide. This powerful industrial solvent is used in all kinds of manufacturing processes, found in numerous kinds of food, yet it's so dangerous that one breath of it can kill you.

As far as automobiles, not only is DHM used in the cooling system, as well as windshield washer fluid, it's even exhausted out the tail pipe along with CO2, oxides of nitrogen, hydrocarbons and other pollutants. Our atmosphere is filled with DHM vapor and most of us don't even realize it.

We need to take action and demand that this dangerous chemical be banned!
I don't believe this, I can believe the synthetic rubber in floor mats is a threat as that has been proven to cause cancer, but this? I never heard any of this before.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:51 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,402,577 times
Look up Dihydrogen Monoxide on Google. This stuff is in almost everything. Why more people haven't heard of it is beyond me.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:02 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,240,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdistan View Post
Those covers are highly toxic and contain lead
You are doomed. Do you have a will made out?

Old 07-08-2019, 11:15 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdistan View Post
The steering wheel in my car is a basic bare steering wheel it’s not leather wrapped or anything special it’s just normal plastic vinyl I think?

My steering wheel has some wear and tear in several spots part of the black plastic is torn off along with scrapes, scratches, etc.

I don’t know what material steering wheels are made of but it’s obviously some form of plastic I’m assuming Can my damaged steering wheel off gas or since I’m constantly touching my steering wheel when I touch the damaged plastic parts can those chemicals leach into my skin and get in my body?
Wrap it with alternating strips of black and silver duct tape. This will give your co-workers more to talk about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive