Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2010, 01:02 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times

Advertisements

so popular mechanics found it does not increase fuel mileage and actually puts and extra load on the electrical system. so in turn it does nothing put suck power form the car with no added benifit and this is from popular mechanics and they know their stuff.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...6846?series=19
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 01:05 AM

39 posts, read 85,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
you did not awnser my question do you work for the company?
"No company, don't make any money with this; It’s more of a hobby."

Old 07-31-2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruia View Post
"No company, don't make any money with this; It’s more of a hobby."
well it look like popular mechanics tested your hobby and it came up that it did nothing to boost fuel mileage over a stock car without HHO. they also ran it through a bunch of tests with calibrated instuments to measure if it had any effect at all and they only thing they found was it sucked more power and made the electrical system work harder.

so I think the HHO system has been tested and disproved to be a viable way to get better fuel economy.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
so popular mechanics found it does not increase fuel mileage and actually puts and extra load on the electrical system. so in turn it does nothing put suck power form the car with no added benifit and this is from popular mechanics and they know their stuff.
Water Car Test - HHO Shows Why You Can't Run Cars on Water - Popular Mechanics
Do you believe every thing you read? I have read their article and they do know their stuff but not when it comes to HHO. You need to see it for your self. Do the experiment, make a HHO booster using SS light switch covers, you can get plans off the web for FREE, god knows you know how. Try it on your lawn motor if you have one.
And thx for all the reading.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:02 AM

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...6846?series=19

Did you read the comments?

Old 07-31-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
yeah I belive those people are trying to sell the product and since popular mechanics gave it a bad review people won't shell out 45 bucks for a scam. so they are trying to say it works so uninformed people buy into it.

toyota also did a few test's with it on a FJ cruiser and found it did nothing to help fuel economy either

Old 07-31-2010, 07:15 PM

681 posts, read 2,912,791 times
Quote:
]It only took 40 years to get that kind of MPG out of a V-8.
Uh, no.
You're talking about production V-8's, sold out the door. To meet a certain market segment. But the engine itself was capable of better mileage than that when carefully operated under light traffic conditions. Part of your slam is against the Mfg's for bastardiizing their baby just so they could sell it to real people who wanted to drive real cars in real traffic - in all kinds of weather. Thus average mileage took drastic driops. It's called marketing and making enough money to stay in business. You may consider it evil, but until two years ago it was expected of management that they make cars that would sell.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:24 PM

681 posts, read 2,912,791 times
Quote:
Do you believe every thing you read? I have read their article and they do know their stuff but not when it comes to HHO. (bolding mine)
And your mechanical engineering degree was earned where? That is the most condescending and self-serving opinion I've heard for several months. Highly educated you knows more about HHO than those idiots who publish Popular Mechanics. Good bye.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:19 AM

You all maybe right though, it maybe just a placebo. Who knows, every time we drive any of our vehicles with systems working we may just be light on pedal.
If it’s just a placebo, I’ll take it. San Diego to Florida cost me less then $600.00 and I drove the speed limit all the way there, 22MPG @ 80MPH on the ten through Texas wife’s truck.
I am not an Engineer, auto-tech, I’m just a guy that tried something that should not have worked from everything I was taught.
Okay now, is there anyone that is playing with these toys and has made it work? I would love to hear from.
For everyone else, I apologize. I just don’t need to be told what kind of car I should be driving, that I should walk or even take a bus.
Forum is on hho... does it really work?.
Good day,

Old 08-05-2010, 12:44 PM

"Franklyn;15282707]And your mechanical engineering degree was earned where? That is the most condescending and self-serving opinion I've heard for several months. Highly educated you knows more about HHO than those idiots who publish Popular Mechanics. Good bye."

Sorry for being condescending, but I believe that there’s a preference or bias on the subject of this article or even that they may have taken the hypothesis instead of published research. If they have published research and double-checked how the research was performed, and performing similar experiments to determine how dependable the results might be and write about that, we wouldn’t be having this dialog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive