Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 06:35 PM

969 posts, read 2,819,302 times

Advertisements

This started out by asking if we had faith in Chrysler. Chrysler, yes. The average American car buyer, NO!!!! As long as there are people that will buy an inferior product due to a rebate or 0% interest, there will ALWAYS be a Chrysler! Will Cerberus flip it? They will need to turn it into something first or noooooooooobody will want it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 06:40 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,292 times
No - they have alot to prove before any trust by me can be earned.

I don't want to Cry by driving a "Chry"sler.

In the days when MOPAR meant something - then it would be different.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:41 PM

140 posts, read 859,478 times
I have been in the dealership (Parts management) end of the auto business for 26yrs.
I started at a Dodge store then a Dodge, Peugeot, Sterling, Alfa Romeo, Buick, Iveco Trk. store.
I have also worked at Chevy ,Chrysler, Lotus ,Honda, Linc. Merc., Mazda, VW, Saab stores
So I have seem most of the popular and not so popular ones.
They all have there problems When I was with Dodge (80's)we did alot of maintance items and water pumps/ radiators /u-joints /ignition parts. Peugeot did more sensors and elec. related parts. Iveco trucks we did cooling related parts. Chrysler(90's) we did A604 transmissions ,water pumps, head gaskets (neon) and lots of A/C related parts. Honda was timing belts , trim , and maintance parts. Now that I'm back at a Chevy store we do lots of rotors, intake gaskets, a few transmissions ,wheel brg/hubs.
At each store depending on the make the customer had differant expectations as to how much something should cost or have needed to be replaced at what ever there mileage was.
The one thing I have noticed over the 26 yrs is that the manufacture GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda or whoever is less and less helpful at the dealer level.
Example I ordered a wiper module (linkage) for a customers 2007 Silverado because the motor was bad. It is sold as assembly only even though motor is removable. The 1st one I recieved was damaged , the mounting ear was broken off. So reordered another VIP/overnite(no other local dealer stocked it either), but it could not be over nited because it was in GM's Canada warehouse and had to go through customs 2-3 days min per GM. So we waited 2-3 days put the customer in one of our loaners. The next one came in broken again. This was do to poor packaging on GM's Part , it would slide around in the box and snap the ends off. So after recieving a total of 5 over a 2 week period and spending hours on the phone with my GM district manager explaining that it was NOT the shipping companys fault but a GM packaging problem I finally recieved a good one. Now I am in the process of trying to get approval to return the damaged ones
So will Chrysler still be around in a few years? I think they will I own a 99 Durango and have had good luck with it, had a Jeep Grd Cherokee before it and got 195,000 miles before I sold it.
Maybe the Detroit 3 should combine "General For-slyer"...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram