Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > BMW and MINI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:10 AM

389 posts, read 1,986,141 times

Advertisements

i know. but my car is year 2006 that i bought last year... so that car has been sitting outside the dealer's lot for a year or more. rain and shine and snow and God knows what else... it actually is even displayed in the
"hillside" .. if you get my drift on some dealers were the cars are displayed they prop it over for dramatic display? actually i bought it at billjacobs but i only went to their service dept. once and never looked back they have horrible service. the dealer i am referring to is patrickmini. i actually like their service .. just the rust spot. why did they do nothing about it? so anyway since im 1400 miles short of inspection i will go to knauzmini instead. i like their service sooo far. about NAM.... i am kind of banned there... they are screening my post. that is where i first come to ask for advice.. but my post is not being displayed... anyway i emailed mini's customer service. i am about to check their reply.

the only reason i bought at billjacobs was coz they offer me 1200 off MSRP... with free front rubber floor mats. so my car is worth $20850 including tax license fee etc. i got it "brand new" with 13 miles. now it is almost 10000 miles

Last edited by LBSer; 05-04-2008 at 10:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 02:03 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSer View Post
you know.. i hate contacting mini customer service coz their line is ALWAYS like this:
Thanks for writing MINI. I am sorry to hear of your concern with your baby.

Find out who currently heads BMWNA, it used to be Tom Purves but I believe it may have changed. Write a calm, thoughtful, non-threatening letter addressed directly to the president explaining your disappointment with both the product and after sales experience. He of course will never see it but someone in customer service will be given I believe 48 hours to contact you.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:07 PM

389 posts, read 1,986,141 times
just thought i will update:
happy story: i first contacted knauzmini.. but was treated like a tenis ball on who/what dept. to connect. so i was there on the phone patiently waiting for someone to talk to when BAM! the line went dead... not cool. so i did the unthinkable and contacted billjacobsmini.. was able to get hold of service manager... went to their place. rusted screw replaced. the door latch is actually already there i was informed but told them that i have to wait for the maintenance miles be reached for inspection1 before i schedule a service coz their location is an hour drive away.
by the way i left a voicemail to the service manager of knauzmini and 3 wks later.. still no call. so ya.. billjacobs has redeemed themselves, big time for me.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:11 PM

2,086 posts, read 7,641,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSer View Post
just thought i will update:
happy story: i first contacted knauzmini.. but was treated like a tenis ball on who/what dept. to connect. so i was there on the phone patiently waiting for someone to talk to when BAM! the line went dead... not cool. so i did the unthinkable and contacted billjacobsmini.. was able to get hold of service manager... went to their place. rusted screw replaced. the door latch is actually already there i was informed but told them that i have to wait for the maintenance miles be reached for inspection1 before i schedule a service coz their location is an hour drive away.
by the way i left a voicemail to the service manager of knauzmini and 3 wks later.. still no call. so ya.. billjacobs has redeemed themselves, big time for me.
As a fellow MINI owner, I am glad to hear that your issue was resolved. I hope you have many miles of happy motoring!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > BMW and MINI