U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-08-2008, 12:17 PM

10,798 posts, read 9,101,883 times
Very good Elkhunter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-08-2008, 02:15 PM
f_m

2,290 posts, read 4,711,395 times
This one plugs into a cig lighter, but can also be hardwired. Not cheap though.
GPS-Buddy CONNECT GPS vehicle tracker at Crutchfield.com

You probably should just enforce when the car can be used, only for school, etc... maybe check the odometer to ensure the distance being travelled.

Unread 06-08-2008, 05:00 PM

7,560 posts, read 14,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
My youngest daughter got a speeding ticket. It was only for 10 over. I went with her to court. The judge knew I was with her and when they called her name she got up and went up there. I stayed sitting. The judge looked at me and said, "Are you her father?" I said yes. The judge said "Are you going to come up here with her?" I said no. He said, "May I ask why not?" I said, "I didn't get a ticket, she did. I'm only here because she no longer drives my vehicles and she needed a ride." He smiled and said, "Fair enough."

The judge went pretty easy on her. I gave her back the use of my vehicles about 2 months later. I paid her fine but she paid me back in full prior to me letting her drive again.

That was about 12 years ago. Her driving record has been spotless since then.
KUDOS, ElkHunter!

Unread 06-08-2008, 05:53 PM

8,241 posts, read 9,479,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
My youngest daughter got a speeding ticket. It was only for 10 over. I went with her to court. The judge knew I was with her and when they called her name she got up and went up there. I stayed sitting. The judge looked at me and said, "Are you her father?" I said yes. The judge said "Are you going to come up here with her?" I said no. He said, "May I ask why not?" I said, "I didn't get a ticket, she did. I'm only here because she no longer drives my vehicles and she needed a ride." He smiled and said, "Fair enough."

The judge went pretty easy on her. I gave her back the use of my vehicles about 2 months later. I paid her fine but she paid me back in full prior to me letting her drive again.

That was about 12 years ago. Her driving record has been spotless since then.
I know that she'll have to appear before the judge. We'll see, but I plan to do just as you did. For the past few days, she's been driving me, and I've been critiquing her driving. She's not happy, but I think she's learning....those painful lessons....with consequences.

Unread 01-06-2009, 07:07 PM

26 posts, read 62,450 times
I installed a GPS tracking system on my teenagers car it's awesome . It alerts me with a text message if he is speeding I can also log on from anywhere and see where his car is. I was always extremely worried about my son speeding, but I felt like I had very little control. Now that I have AmericanGPSís tracking system installed, Iím notified via text message and e-mail whenever his speed exceeds 70 MPH. Leaving me much more relaxed. American gps 919-460-5995

American GPS Tracking - Fleet Management Systems

Unread 01-06-2009, 07:29 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,406,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caryguy View Post
I installed a GPS tracking system on my teenagers car it's awesome . It alerts me with a text message if he is speeding I can also log on from anywhere and see where his car is. I was always extremely worried about my son speeding, but I felt like I had very little control. Now that I have AmericanGPSís tracking system installed, Iím notified via text message and e-mail whenever his speed exceeds 70 MPH. Leaving me much more relaxed. American gps 919-460-5995

American GPS Tracking - Fleet Management Systems
spam

Unread 01-07-2009, 09:00 AM

3,141 posts, read 4,494,858 times
Did you provide the car? Do you pay for the insurance? I had to buy my own car and pay for my own insurance when I was a teen... The former insures that I have a pretty slow car, the latter encourages good/safe driving and both teach great responsibility.

Unread 01-07-2009, 09:02 AM

46,808 posts, read 41,245,850 times
i know someone that killed a woman when they were your age, ran over her.
he has had a rough life. she had no life. the trick is not dodging the cops, the trick is slowing down.

Unread 08-15-2009, 11:46 AM

10 posts, read 17,452 times
Do what I did...When my kid thought he needed to race someone..I live in the country..15 miles away from the nearest store....Anyways my son thought he need to speed just to show off..Well I took into town (15Miles I remind you) and told him to get out I then said fallow me home..He said how I don't got no car..I said yep that why you are walking...So he did and he never have gotten another speeding ticket..He said to me I rather have my car then to walk 15Miles to go to the store..

Unread 08-15-2009, 11:53 AM

887 posts, read 1,777,462 times
Everyone gets speeding tickets. Why is it such a big deal?

I get 2-3 a year... I'd assume my kid would get around the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive