U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-10-2008, 08:01 PM

624 posts, read 2,826,281 times

Advertisements

When I'm driving along the street at the speed limit or below...then another car pulls out from a sidestreet in front of me to where I have to slow down to keep from rear-ending them? I then honk and they flip ME off? I try to be considerate when I pull out onto a main street, I don't pull out if I know it will make traffic that is already traveling (and has right of way) have to slow down...I WAIT until it's clear. Today I'm driving through my neighborhood under the speed limit, the jerk off comes flying out of a cove and of course since I'm going faster than him BECAUSE I WAS ALREADY MOVING AT THE SPEED LIMIT I have to slow down, I honk and he acts like WTF is my problem? just because I call him out on his inconsiderate act I'M the jerk now? I'm not sure the guy even saw me, he was older, maybe his eyes are going. idiot
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 08:09 PM

7,376 posts, read 11,783,586 times
Welcome to the real world...! Don't waste your time or energy trying to figure out what goes on in other people's minds, it will just frustrate you. Best to put it out of your mind as soon as you can and think happy thoughts....
I have to do that a lot right here in the forum....!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:11 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,842,486 times
Geez, Scott, what's wrong with you? Didn't you KNOW he had places to go? Didn't you KNOW he was a VID (very important driver)? Didn't you KNOW it's your responsibility to yield to him ALWAYS? Don't you KNOW he owns the road???

And then you had the audacity to honk at him??? Sheesh, what's with people today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottv View Post
I try to be considerate when I pull out onto a main street, I don't pull out if I know it will make traffic that is already traveling (and has right of way) have to slow down...I WAIT until it's clear.
I'm like that, too. It's considerate of the main road traffic, which has the right of way. More importantly, I simply don't trust them to not bump my rump if I pull out in front of them! Where I live, there are a bunch of knuckleheads on the roads .

Old 06-10-2008, 10:16 PM

812 posts, read 1,553,626 times
Hi there, you must really be disturbed by this. Just let this go. If you deal w/ this all the time, chances are you'll be dealing w/ this for the rest of your driving life. Let it go. Really. Advice........ I know it's easier said than done but just kind of think of what really is important in your life and another driver isn't worth the energy of getting upset.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:12 AM

59 posts, read 207,064 times
all i gotta say is.. slow drivers get out of the passing lane!!!!!!! lol

Old 06-11-2008, 06:24 AM

4,214 posts, read 11,877,433 times
Whenever they are an ******* to you, you be nice to them and wave. It really irritates them when you show them they're too insignificant to you.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:30 AM

5,646 posts, read 6,681,133 times
Does honking your horn improve the situation? No situation is the same but now two of you are mad. Next time roll up the window, turn your radio up and yell as loud as you can. He won't hear it. The situation remains the same but now only one of you is mad and you had a chance to vent and you can laugh the rest of the day at the names you called him.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:49 AM

33,592 posts, read 28,719,976 times
I have been driving for over 40 years. During that time I have been the jerk and others have been the jerk. Don't worry about it if you have avoided a crash.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:43 AM

499 posts, read 1,103,183 times
WHile he was a jerk to cut you off, honking the horn doesn't help the situation. They would have been oblivious. Honking lets them know you are there and that you are pissed. Most people will **** right back.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:08 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,975,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottv View Post
When I'm driving along the street at the speed limit or below...then another car pulls out from a sidestreet in front of me to where I have to slow down to keep from rear-ending them? I then honk and they flip ME off? I try to be considerate when I pull out onto a main street, I don't pull out if I know it will make traffic that is already traveling (and has right of way) have to slow down...I WAIT until it's clear. Today I'm driving through my neighborhood under the speed limit, the jerk off comes flying out of a cove and of course since I'm going faster than him BECAUSE I WAS ALREADY MOVING AT THE SPEED LIMIT I have to slow down, I honk and he acts like WTF is my problem? just because I call him out on his inconsiderate act I'M the jerk now? I'm not sure the guy even saw me, he was older, maybe his eyes are going. idiot
YOU ARE NOT THE JERK! take his licence plate # and call it in! he did something unsafe and dumb, maybe if enough people call on the guy, the police would some day show up at his door for a little chat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive