Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 07:48 PM

75 posts, read 142,311 times

Advertisements

Thanks you all. Even if some of your posts did sound harsh (I'm really sensitive haha), I realize you guys are right. My mom is being really generous and I don't know of anybody else whose mom as generous as mine, so I'm going to stop being a spoilt brat about the car. I'm not going to get the Mercedes after all. I'm glad I posted here or I would've made a big mistake in buying one, I had no idea about all the maintance issues and all that. I'm probably going to get a jetta or a civic, they're not that bad after all. Again, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 07:53 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
You have a very generous mother and I think you should take the gift she chooses to bestow upon you and be grateful for it. That crappy little Honda Civic will run like a top for years, be reliable, get decent gas mileage, and won't require much maintenance. Perhaps your dear mother is wiser than you know.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:52 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
You can get a new Mercedes convertible for less than 20K. LOL.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_426/car_photo_213237_7.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-13-2008, 09:38 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,416,702 times
Talk about timing....coming through town today what do I see? There's a black Mercedes with its four ways on leading a parade of cars behind it. My first thought was a late afternoon funeral but the only thing related to death was the SLK. Fellow in a suit and tie trying to wave the cars behind him to drive around as he moved at about five miles an hour or so. As they say, I kid you not.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:52 PM

75 posts, read 142,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzwell View Post
Talk about timing....coming through town today what do I see? There's a black Mercedes with its four ways on leading a parade of cars behind it. My first thought was a late afternoon funeral but the only thing related to death was the SLK. Fellow in a suit and tie trying to wave the cars behind him to drive around as he moved at about five miles an hour or so. As they say, I kid you not.
It's a shame, it's really a gorgeous car, probably my favorite. I've always wanted one. Oh well, I'll wait a couple of years till I gain a bit more experience.

I think I found just the car for me!! It's economical and I love it, the vw Passat? Thoughts? It says here that it's a family car though, is it not smaller than a jetta? I don't really like the jetta, it's too big and round for me. The Passat looks smaller, why does it say it's a family car?

Old 06-14-2008, 11:29 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,427,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubalu View Post
I think I found just the car for me!! It's economical and I love it, the vw Passat? Thoughts? It says here that it's a family car though, is it not smaller than a jetta? I don't really like the jetta, it's too big and round for me. The Passat looks smaller, why does it say it's a family car?
Bubalu, the Passat is indeed larger than the Jetta. If you prefer a smaller car, you might look at a GTI, Beetle or Eos. All of them would be smaller than a Jetta, though the Eos would be more expensive because of the convertible top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive