Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:00 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
OK anyone that gets a traffic ticket needs to copy this and keep it in their car for future use ....... you first have to under stand that in all states the ticket that the cop gives you is just you're Promiss to Appear on the date in court. .... what you must do is demand in writing , a Verified Complaint on the " NOTICE to APPEAR" (before you ask why ? it's because the can't give you one ) see that complaint has to come from someone that was injured ! how was the cop injured? , next you go to court and again demand the verified complaint, most of the time the JUDGES /Commissioners /( lawyers playing Judges) will deny you your complaint or say that the notice to appear is the complaint . He is legally wrong. You then plead "NOT GUILTY". He will then set your trial date ( don't panick) when you come back to court the officer will not be there an the Judge will dismiss you're case , No points , No increase on you're Ins. DM me and I will mail you copy's of what need to be done in the correct foremat. 100% success in all states . In California they actually put the code c.p.c.853.9 ( California penal Code) on the NOTICE to APPEAR , so as not to violate your Constitutional Rights to Due Process
Question: Are you licensed to practice law - in any state in the United States? For what you are doing above is within the realm of the practice of law - giving out legal advice - including offering documentation that may be construed further as a practice of law -

I would recommend you discontinue this type of activity (practicing law) - that is, unless you are legally permitted to do so - which I do not believe you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 10:51 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
You guys kinda stole this thread!!! Start your own!!
! ! ! ! @ Kelly!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 13,461 times
Default No grace period in CA for car registration.

As you are likely aware California does not offer a grace period after your vehicle's registration expiration date. If you do not pay your renewal fees on or before the date of expiration shown on your current registration card or penalties will be due in accordance with [URL="http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd3c6a4.htm"]Vehicle Code Sections 9552 – 9554[/URL]. The longer you delay payment of fees, the greater the penalty amount will be.
The [URL="http://www.carinsurance.com/MotorVehicle.aspx"]California Department of Motor Vehicles[/URL] website has a chart of the registration fee penalties for renewing your registration late or you can call 1-800-777-0133 to find out what your fees are. The chart shows that penalties range from 10% of the normal fees up to 160%, the longer your wait to renew the higher the fees.
The vehicle code states that besides the imposition of monetary fines or fees as specified in the VC, delinquent registration may result in impoundment of the vehicle. So it would appear that besides fines your car could be impounded if you are found driving with expired tags. From what we have read many times it is up to the officer to decide if they will write a ticket and impound the car or give you a minor "fix-it" ticket.
If you get a fix-it ticket for expired registration normally you can get the ticket dismissed if you correct the situation by renewing your registration. If you get a fix-it ticket then administration fees might also still be required. But if your registration has been expired for quite some time, then likely you would receive a violation ticket instead of a fix-it ticket.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 8,692 times
In what case will a state refuse to register a vehical other then failing the emitions test?

Old 11-30-2016, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,044 times
My expiration date for my plate was November 15th. The cop pulled me and gave me a ticket on November 30th for an expired plate. I thought you have till the end of the month of your birth date to get it renewed. Am I wrong?
The ticket @ 34th District Court of Romulus..Any advise?

Old 12-01-2016, 05:44 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexmotown View Post
My expiration date for my plate was November 15th. The cop pulled me and gave me a ticket on November 30th for an expired plate. I thought you have till the end of the month of your birth date to get it renewed. Am I wrong?
I'm sure you were on the way to the DMV to renew your reg on the 30th. Pay the ticket and in the future enter this type of stuff in the calendar on your phone. If your reg expires on the 15th of the month, start sending yourself reminders on the first.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:46 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Nope. No grace period.

When I was 18, I was driving around with a buddy of mine and he got pulled over for speeding at 11:55PM (time matters here). Did the usually license and reg and came back at 12:05 and told him he was getting towed. Seemed the registration expired at midnight, so because it was now 5 mins expired he had to tow it and we walked home. To make things worse, the tow company tried to charge for two days storage claiming they made the tow at 11:30PM, which if that had occurred, my buddy wouldn't have been towed for expired regs.

That was almost 20 years ago. I'd like to say we were punk kids and deserved that, but that cop was a jerk. We were a couple miles from home, and doing 30 in a 25, and were polite during the stop. He could have cut us a break.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:43 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,826,963 times
First, resurrecting an 8-year old thread that pivots on a very very picky legal detail that certainly varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, ... is questionable.

Next, despite all the previous chatter about 'grace periods" I thought I'd toss in my own, hopefully clarifying experience:

A friend of mine was pulled over for expired registration, and got a ticket.
However, she found that if she update the registration and showed it to the court clerk, they would delete the ticket.
Presumably this county (Charlotte, NC) was more interested in vehicle safety than alternate revenue streams.

So for us, No Grace Period, but the ticket could be deleted if you show you had now registered the car.
It certainly would be worth a phone call to see if this was the case for anyone else who got a ticket this way.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:05 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexmotown View Post
Shouldve joined Star Fleet, Romulans are scum!

Old 12-01-2016, 02:46 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
You get a 12 month grace period from the beginning of your last registration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive