Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 02:17 PM

455 posts, read 1,495,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Show me a Prius that can haul 6 adults and pull my trailer while getting good mileage and I will be all over it. In the meantime though you will see me piloting the ol' Suburban down the road full of people all the time and pulling a trailer of some sort the rest of the time. These threads are foolishness.
Sure, I completely agree with you IF AND ONLY IF your Suburban has 6 adults and is pulling a trailer 90% of the time. If you don't fall into that category, you should be driving something smaller.

I can't even begin to count the number of times I see women, driving down the road in their Suburban or Expedition, or whatever other exorbitantly large SUV and they are the ONLY one in it! At the last apartment house I lived in, there were 3 other units, each with single, middle aged women. EVERY SINGLE ONE had a large SUV. No kids. Never hauling large items inside. Never more than 1 other passenger. Never towing anything. People that participate in that behavior should be paying an additional "Idiot Tax" amounting to no less than 5% of their gross annual income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 02:32 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,188,644 times
This is a waste of time. apart from the environmental hazzard (not referring to global warming), our excess consumption of all things foreign (excluding those with whom we have a reasonably balanced trade) are doing untold harm to us, our environment and most importantly our economy!

as i said in my initial post i'm not a fan of rules and regs. these days however every time i read the news someone is busy trying to regulate something. all of the time i can't stand it but if they're chucking r&r's around willy nilly then they may aswell chuck in ones which address some of our problems.

the problem here is that most people don't see our addiciton to gas as a problem. most people also cannot see how they are contributing to that problem and no-one is prepared to do anything to address that problem until it hurts their pocket.

all that's left to say then is please may the price of gas go to $10 and beyond!!!!!

Old 07-18-2008, 02:37 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,400,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU View Post
People that participate in that behavior should be paying an additional "Idiot Tax" amounting to no less than 5% of their gross annual income.
Unless my copy of the Constitution is out of date, we're free to choose what we drive around here.

People tried to tell us what to do once upon a time. We whipped them at war so that we could be citizens, while they remained subjects.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
Unless my copy of the Constitution is out of date, we're free to choose what we drive around here.

People tried to tell us what to do once upon a time. We whipped them at war so that we could be citizens, while they remained subjects.
not quite bud, bill clinton told you what you will drive!

Old 07-18-2008, 02:50 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,400,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
not quite bud, bill clinton told you what you will drive!
No, Bill Clinton told me that he did not have sex with that woman. And he lied! No one knocked on my door and told me what I could or could not drive during his administration.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:

therein lies the real pity. the last time the constitution was consulted for anything was a long time ago. my suggestion in this thread is just to make do with the current status quo. though not ideal

but while you throwing stones at my colleagues on this side of the pond it might be worthwhile remembering that our airlines are nationalized, along with our entire auto industry and soon our mortgage industry. i think by volume that would therefore include our entire banking indutry and investment industry. in addition we have lost habeas corpus which has been around for 800 years give or take, we now have the patriot act, archaic online gambling laws and the internet is about to be regulated! who knows, obama might take your guns away or maybe mccain will take your kids away (to fight for oil!)so my dear friend unless you're on dubya's christmas list you're no more a citizen than mr's Alenichev, Golovanov and
Khostov!!!!

Old 07-18-2008, 02:58 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,754,490 times
Hey Robbo,

If you hate Americans and our SUVs so much, why are you planning on moving back here?

Old 07-18-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
No, Bill Clinton told me that he did not have sex with that woman. And he lied! No one knocked on my door and told me what I could or could not drive during his administration.

he signed off on the tax credits for you to drive those silly things and all this to appease the unions and auto lobby!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Hey Robbo,

If you hate Americans and our SUVs so much, why are you planning on moving back here?

where did i say i hate americans (my mother and therefore myself)??????????

Last edited by 58robbo; 07-18-2008 at 03:29 PM..

Old 07-18-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Hey Robbo,

now that i have calmed down enough to continue i will. please don't put words in my mouth!

what i hate is the fact that we are becoming weaker every single day because we can't quite grasp the concept of living within our means!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive