Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 02:50 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Congrats, that's a great car! Drive it like you've got to pee
LOL...Thanks I will remember that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reminds me of a billboard out in Ca.:
Picture of a guy driving....all green in the face...caption is:
Pepto-Bismol...the last mile is the longest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 03:25 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No, no, no...stick with the convertible!
Ugh... I have never seen a convertible where it doesn't ruin the lines of the car; the one exception is the current Mercedes SL. Targa top is the furthest I'll go. I doubt I'll ever buy a Ferrari, but if I do, I all but guarantee it will be a coupe.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:33 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Ugh... I have never seen a convertible where it doesn't ruin the lines of the car
Absolutely. The worst offender? The 350Z convertible.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:34 PM

Ever see a BMW Z8 with the hard top? Got to be one of the ugliest cars rolling. Talk about ruining the lines! Take the top off and she is a thing of beauty!

Old 08-12-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Ever see a BMW Z8 with the hard top? Got to be one of the ugliest cars rolling. Talk about ruining the lines! Take the top off and she is a thing of beauty!
Its one of the ugliest cars to begin with! Nice power, butt ugly body.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:30 PM

Well...LOL...I guess you and I will never see eye to eye

There's just no accounting for taste!

Old 08-13-2008, 06:44 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,427,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I do get it. I said SERIOUS DRIVERS wouldnt pick the convertible over the coupe. And if you think "99%" of the population cant tell the difference between a Spider and coupe (big difference), then they shouldnt be in that car in the first place. Those people belong to the "look at me, look at me" crowd and sadly buy Ferraris for image purposes it seems.
And you continue to miss my point. Very, very few Ferrari owners can (and do) squeeze all of the performance out of their cars. For most, the Spider offers way more capability than they have skill to use. I'm sure there are some people who think that they need a coupe for structural rigidity and such, but in truth they can't fully use the performance that's available to them.

Quote:
And FYI, my old boss has a F430 coupe (which he traded his 360 Spider in for) that sees TONS of track time at the Autobahn racetrack here in Joliet, IL (as well as his Elise and Atom). Same for his buddy who has the F355 Challenge. Those, my friend, are serious drivers and opted for the coupe specifically for track duty. Next time I go to the track, the camera is coming with me and Ill show you the Ferrari loyals who show up in mass with their coupes, not a 'vert in sight. Do you get my point now?
Yes, you happen to know one person who takes his F430 to the track. Congrats. I know a lot of guys who park their 430's in garages and rub them with cloth diapers on Saturday afternoons. The fact still remains that a small percentage of Ferrari owners track their cars. For that small percentage, of course the coupe is going to be their choice. Never said it wasn't.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
And you continue to miss my point. Very, very few Ferrari owners can (and do) squeeze all of the performance out of their cars. For most, the Spider offers way more capability than they have skill to use. I'm sure there are some people who think that they need a coupe for structural rigidity and such, but in truth they can't fully use the performance that's available to them.

Yes, you happen to know one person who takes his F430 to the track. Congrats. I know a lot of guys who park their 430's in garages and rub them with cloth diapers on Saturday afternoons. The fact still remains that a small percentage of Ferrari owners track their cars. For that small percentage, of course the coupe is going to be their choice. Never said it wasn't.
And like I said, those tards use them as a status symbol of sorts, while the real Ferrari guys scoff at the 'verts and drive their coupes on the tracks. There is a reason why Ferrari offered cars like the Enzo and the F40 only to a certain clientele, and it wasnt so some lame brain can park one in his driveway and rub it with a diaper. Like I said, a serious driver wont buy a F430 Spider over the coupe, just not gonna happen. And while the average Joe might not want to drive the car to its full potential, then they dont get any respect from me at all in those regards. Just a matter of opinion....

Old 08-13-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Well...LOL...I guess you and I will never see eye to eye

There's just no accounting for taste!
Well, there is a reason BMW doesnt sell those any more... noone wanted em. Ive seen 2 in my lifetime. 2! BMW in Westmont had their Z8 on the lot for a year before it sold. Seems like the general opinion was that they were overpriced and too controversial, not unlike the hideous Z4.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Well, there is a reason BMW doesnt sell those any more... noone wanted em. Ive seen 2 in my lifetime. 2! BMW in Westmont had their Z8 on the lot for a year before it sold. Seems like the general opinion was that they were overpriced and too controversial, not unlike the hideous Z4.
Better get your facts straight. BMW only built some 5500 Z8's. It was planned as a limited edition. Of those 5500 only 1/2 were sent to the US. Could be why you've only seen 2. As far as value try checking out the buyers over in Europe re E-Bay. They can't get buy them up fast enough. One of the few cars that has increased in value. We just sold our 2002 Black/black for $25,000 more than we paid for it just a short while ago. The owners book that accompanyed the new Z8 is worth $1500 alone.
Time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive