Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 12:17 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I think on a Ranger I'd drop a 302 V8 in there... Kinda like the S10 with 350's shoehorned in there.

I've built a few of those. My favorite Ranger had a stroked 351w to a 392" combo with AFR heads. Fast little truck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 04:28 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,775,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
I was going to say T-Type Regal too but someone beat me to it. I actually almost bought one of those for my first new car. My dad worked at a Pontiac-Buick-GMC dealer at the time and I did take one for a spin but wound up with an 87 Mustang GT instead.
What made you end up with a Mustang instead of the turbo Buick?

Old 01-03-2011, 09:49 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,678,860 times
I think the T-Type Buick Regals and the Buick Roadmaster Wagons (LT1 version) are both contenders. My only sleeper was my 2004 GTO. So many people had no clue what the new GTO was and until they slapped hoodscoops on them in 2005, they really just looked like some anonymous GM coupe. When most people assume your RWD V8 is a FWD 4 cylinder, that = sleeper.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:53 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,857,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
didn't watch your other videos. I've built the engines for these things, and yes, I know what it cost and what they can do, but it's easy to spot the ones that will run. The real sleepers are the quiet V8 powered 4 doors and station wagons. I have a 455 powered 73 Luxury LeMans with wire wheels and fender skirts, it doesn't look like the 11.70's car it is,and it is quiet. Power windows,seats, every "luxury" option they had in 73 other than the sunroof. If I put a 3.08 rear in it instead of the 2.56 gears,it would be alot quicker. But who knows what the top end is, other than more than 1 "fast sports car" couldn't keep up.
So basically, you just don't like Japanese cars.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I think the T-Type Buick Regals and the Buick Roadmaster Wagons (LT1 version) are both contenders. My only sleeper was my 2004 GTO. So many people had no clue what the new GTO was and until they slapped hoodscoops on them in 2005, they really just looked like some anonymous GM coupe. When most people assume your RWD V8 is a FWD 4 cylinder, that = sleeper.
I'd love to find a Roadmaster wagon... they're like Barcaloungers that happen to be strapped to a 5.7!

When I was a teenager in the Boston area, our backyard was a cemetery (seriously) and there was an associated funeral home a few doors down. Their first call vehicle (what they used to retrieve bodies from the morgue) was an immaculate black Roadmaster wagon with tinted windows; it had the casket/gurney bars in the back, and best of all, it had the Massachusetts "HEARSE" plates. I would have died for that car (no pun)

It's a contender for my next project car, it's just that half the ones around here were bought by someone in the 'hood who did zero maintenance on them for a few years.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:09 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,678,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I'd love to find a Roadmaster wagon... they're like Barcaloungers that happen to be strapped to a 5.7!

When I was a teenager in the Boston area, our backyard was a cemetery (seriously) and there was an associated funeral home a few doors down. Their first call vehicle (what they used to retrieve bodies from the morgue) was an immaculate black Roadmaster wagon with tinted windows; it had the casket/gurney bars in the back, and best of all, it had the Massachusetts "HEARSE" plates. I would have died for that car (no pun)

It's a contender for my next project car, it's just that half the ones around here were bought by someone in the 'hood who did zero maintenance on them for a few years.
A friend I used to race with's grandfather owned one. He had it owned since new and it was very well maintained. We took it out for a ride a couple times and it was a heck of a car. I even liked the wood paneling. Nothing like the look on a "F&F" wannabes face when his doors get blown off by a station wagon with wood panneling.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:47 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,875,013 times
Quote:
A friend I used to race with's grandfather owned one. He had it owned since new and it was very well maintained. We took it out for a ride a couple times and it was a heck of a car. I even liked the wood paneling. Nothing like the look on a "F&F" wannabes face when his doors get blown off by a station wagon with wood panneling.
I have a friend in Delaware couunty who installed a v6 turbo buick motor in a wood grained Roadmaster wagon and it runs a 12.6.. Its his wifes car..

Old 01-03-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
I have a friend in Delaware couunty who installed a v6 turbo buick motor in a wood grained Roadmaster wagon and it runs a 12.6.. Its his wifes car..
I'd probably just twin turbo the LT1

Old 01-03-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I've already got the S2000, so now I need something with some cargo room that cruises nicely, but of course, it'd be gravy if I could also get some decent 0-60's out of it and parts were dirt-cheap

Old 01-03-2011, 01:58 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,160,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
What made you end up with a Mustang instead of the turbo Buick?
I'm gonna guess budget. The turbo Buicks were damned expensive in their day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive