U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-10-2008, 11:38 AM

2,077 posts, read 4,192,344 times

Advertisements

Of the 12 million Fords that were recalled for a faulty cruise control wiring, only 7 million were fixed. 5 million other Ford SUV's are still fire starters on the road!

5 Million Ford Owners Urged to Fix Hazardous Vehicles - Carscoop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 05:34 PM

6,886 posts, read 17,066,321 times
I doubt more than 7 million of them are still on the road

Old 09-10-2008, 06:58 PM

5,954 posts, read 6,922,106 times
And it's not like they WILL catch fire. There's a chance they might have a problem. The last time I brought a vehicle back for a recall, the dealer screwed it up on me and I had to return several more times to fix it. So, I'd pass if I had one of these cars and no symptoms were apparent.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:00 PM

3,997 posts, read 6,627,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
And it's not like they WILL catch fire. There's a chance they might have a problem. The last time I brought a vehicle back for a recall, the dealer screwed it up on me and I had to return several more times to fix it. So, I'd pass if I had one of these cars and no symptoms were apparent.

I'm convinced that at least some dealers will use recalls as an opportunity to get into your pocket. I wouldn't put sabotage past those thieves.

So, my Ford pick-up will NOT be going in for it's cruise control fix.

I just park it well away from my house and other valuables, and if it bursts into flames one day, so be it. I keep a bag of marshmallows and a stick handy just in case!

It's been a royal POS since the day it was new anyway.....

Old 09-11-2008, 08:52 AM

683 posts, read 1,936,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
That's the problem. There are no symptoms. A friend of my had her Escape parked in her garage. She was in her kitchen an hour later and smelled smoke. When she opened the garage door, the entire vehicle was engulfed in flames. By the time the fire co arrived, there was only the charred frame remaining. There is no warning. If you value your life, get these cars checked. You could be anywhere, with anyone and it can happen anytime to anybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive