Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 08:40 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,263,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Those damn beepers that let the neighbors know that you're opening your car doors, again. Beep Beep!! Turn that cr@p off.

I despise those things too ! Any beeper, dinger on a vehicle should be removed and the one who came up with the idea beaten.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:44 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,409,455 times
12GO, the only enviromentalist I respect is Ed Begley Jr. and that's because he's not a hypocrite. He lives just as he preaches. He's still a nut but he's an honest nut. I try to save gas but not to save the enviroment. I do it to save money. The next car I buy will be a compact car. What's sad is thanks to safety regulations, a compact car now weighs about as much as my then midsize 2003 Malibu. My wife now has the highway cruiser car so I can go down in size and up on mpg. My personal choice. Not a fast driver and I don't tow stuff. I just don't like people trying to ram their enviromental beliefs down other people's throats. He's probably from Seattle, San Francisco, Berkeley, or some other like minded area.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
I despise those things too ! Any beeper, dinger on a vehicle should be removed and the one who came up with the idea beaten.
And the beep/ding for not having the seat belt unbuckled. I'm not going to buckle my seatbelt to move my car off the driveway for cleaning. Must be the same guy who invented the robo-operator thing. "For English, please press #1". I have an old phone I'd like to press down his throat.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesco White View Post
Please don't let these imbeciles get you down. No one wants to hear the truth, and people honestly believe that gas at 3 dollars a gallon is way too expensive. The truth is, America has been living a lie for the last 60 years in terms of subsidized oil prices. Look at all german car manufacturers. They sell small 4 CYL diesel versions of their top luxary cars all over Europe for a reason. In america, the smallest 6 Cyl you can get of a mercedes is generally .4 liters bigger than the most common sold 4 CYL version of the same car in the EU. The reason is...... they pay like 8-10 bucks a gallon and understand scarcity. Americans, who frequently live 20-40 miles from their occupation (as do I....for now), have no understanding of scarcity. It was interesting to watch the subburban real estate market completely tank beginning with 5 dollar a gallon gas. My guess is you're correct, and that this trend will continue. People may call you a bad american, but you're one of the few people who understands the future of the world (not only our country). Ignore the haters, they get their automotive advice from city-data for christ sakes.

And anyone who blames liberals for a scarcity of a fossil fuel must be spending too much time watching Glenn Beck. Remember Foxers, teabags don't power Hummers!

This could be at the top of the list of off the wall silly post on C-D. It included politics, looney left thinking, (which is why it is completely devoid of common sense or even educated guessing) lacks complete fact (never confuse a treehugger with the truth and science) and so blatantly silly that one has to ask; how many years yet until you get out of school/college and face the real world? Oh just for your education; The reason gas and diesel cost so much in europe is because the governments threre put too much tax on it! And they still have terrible roads. Look at england, 1 1/2 lane wide roads like 2 farmers trucks are going to not side swipe each other and stay on the road. Same way in spain, france. Germany has them all beat on the autobahn, but off of it and they need help too. Proof you hae ZERO clue is this outright lie you posted

" The truth is, America has been living a lie for the last 60 years in terms of subsidized oil prices."

We don't have subsidized oil prices. Only an idiot or a someone who has been made to believe a lie believes that in order to keep them from questioning the stupidity of europe paying the taxes they do on fuel.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
12GO, the only enviromentalist I respect is Ed Begley Jr. and that's because he's not a hypocrite. He lives just as he preaches. He's still a nut but he's an honest nut. I try to save gas but not to save the enviroment. I do it to save money. The next car I buy will be a compact car. What's sad is thanks to safety regulations, a compact car now weighs about as much as my then midsize 2003 Malibu. My wife now has the highway cruiser car so I can go down in size and up on mpg. My personal choice. Not a fast driver and I don't tow stuff. I just don't like people trying to ram their enviromental beliefs down other people's throats. He's probably from Seattle, San Francisco, Berkeley, or some other like minded area.

He is one of the very few honest nuts then! I had to set up a stage for their "earth day" in Forest Park once. (I turned down the contract to do it anymore because the treehuggers have no respect for your property and tear up more than anyone) All these morons there, and amazingly, the largest trash pick up/clean up after crowds is the treehugger events. Those people are the most destructive to the grounds and do not even throw their trash in the trash cans 5 feet away! (seriously, one of my guys came to me and said their was 14 almost empty trash cans that had huge messes of trash thrown all around them, but never even enough to expand the trash liners! But they all cheered the idea of FORCED recycling of trash. hypocrites
But back to point, they all show up in their import high priced suv's and 4x4's with mother earth stickers galore. What a useless waste of humanity. Makes you wonder how they can be so dumb and still breathe.
They want to be one with the earth? I promise to put the dirt back in the hole after they jump in the hole

Old 11-15-2009, 09:09 AM

Hated automotive trends?
Hybrids! Those in your way, going too slow idiots in a small unsafe prius (is that japaneese for pi*s*d on?) or honda dot sized bubble on small boat trailer sized tires.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:49 AM

I've no problem with fuel efficient hatchbacks as long as they can acclerate to 60 in under 10 seconds, can easily cruise at 70 mph, and aren't driven by tuner kids as if they're on the Fast and the Furious. Modern hatchbacks are pretty quick, even the cheap ones, compared to the hatches of the 80s. If you're driving slow because you're afraid you'll break it then you bought the wrong car. If you're driving slow to save gas, then get out of the way and let others get by. I drive to save gas but I go no less than the posted speed limit unless it's raining, foggy, or dark (we don't get snow). If there's no one behind me then I accelerate gently. If there's somone behind me then I accelerate at a normal rate. I get up to speed and lock in the cruise control. I release the cruise control early to cost some ways to the stop sign or stop light. If no one behind me, I coast further. If someone's behind me, I coast a shorter distance. I do the above to save on gas and to conserve my non-asbestos brakes. I miss asbestos brakes. They lasted much longer then modern brakes.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:53 AM

10 posts, read 25,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
New Chevy Impala, 303hp for your answer of what do the domestics have. 10 years ago, you had the SSEI Bonnevilles. Still some of the nicest cars on the road. You also have the SHO Taurus from Ford. over 300hp.
Thats where if you didn't think of these cars, you didn't want to pay attention to American car companies. See, they had the cars and do have these types of cars, but import car company buyers wouldn't even admit it. If you want more from the past 10 years, you had the Olds LSS Delta 98's, Buicks (pick any size Buick besides the 90's up skylark ruination of that great name).
btw, On all those trucks you complain about at school, maybe just maybe it's like me when I raised my Nephew and Niece. I unhooked from the trailer(s) before going to school to pick them up.
I failed to mention, along with great hp, 0-60 in under 6 seconds, high reliability, great styling (!), great paint and, of course, superior resale, just in case I want to get out of it. Oh, yes, and a true sports car suspension.

Impala, Bonneville, SHO, LSS, Buicks - So much for one dimensional match-up - Scratch 'em off one by one. Back to the drawing board.

And, I should mention that there HAS been an American V-6 in my garage in the past 7 years. Engine blew before 75,000, in spite of regular and meticulous DEALER servicing, plus synthetic oil in the crank case. It was sold for about a third of my 'discounted' DEALER purchase price before 4 years had past. Actual selling price was another 1/3 below my original selling price. (That smoke trail from the exhaust was really embarrassing!)

Next time, just some questions;skip the assumptions.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easterntiger View Post
I failed to mention, along with great hp, 0-60 in under 6 seconds, high reliability, great styling (!), great paint and, of course, superior resale, just in case I want to get out of it. Oh, yes, and a true sports car suspension.

Impala, Bonneville, SHO, LSS, Buicks - So much for one dimensional match-up - Scratch 'em off one by one. Back to the drawing board.

And, I should mention that there HAS been an American V-6 in my garage in the past 7 years. Engine blew before 75,000, in spite of regular and meticulous DEALER servicing, plus synthetic oil in the crank case. It was sold for about a third of my 'discounted' DEALER purchase price before 4 years had past. Actual selling price was another 1/3 below my original selling price. (That smoke trail from the exhaust was really embarrassing!)

Next time, just some questions;skip the assumptions.

So what car do you think meets the requirements you laid out that the American cars didn't meet?

Old 11-16-2009, 08:28 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,249,331 times
once again, i just want to reiderate the fact that both of you douche bags sound like a couple of idiots who dont know how to think for themselves.

Quote:
In a few years after the scarcity of oil finally takes a toll on the auto industry
already has taken a toll

Quote:
At one intersection, I recently saw two Dodge Durangos along with one Chrysler Aspen
yeah and.... where do you live exactly. i have a Dodge Durango (for my wife) and a GMC Sierra for myself...ya know why? because about 5 years ago i had to relocate from El Paso, TX to a little ****hole called Presidio, TX (it's where No Country For Old Men and the Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada were shot. Presidio has one grocery store with little selection and outrageous prices. so, i would have to make some rather epic grocery shopping trips to El Paso (4 hours away) and my wifes 2000 Chevy Cavalier didnt cut it. now i live in Washington State, where we arent quite as isolated in regards to amenities, but it snows here in the winter, so 4-wheel drive is a nice feature. plus, all the utilitarian things you can do with a truck. i'm definitely not hauling tree branches in my Camaro.

Quote:
Let's also just ignore the little boys that go one further and jack them up even higher and make them louder, to compensate for 'something'.
okay... let me ask you something. are you a woman? seriously, are you a woman or a male who has traded in his masculinity in the name of political correctness? because you sound like one of those unfunny lesbian comedians right now. what you're doing is clinging to the estrogen-driven punch-line that anyone who who has a passion for the automobile as anything more that a means of traveling from point A to point B within prescribed speed limits, only does so in order to compensate for a small penis. what is it that you want - to compare penis size? you want to let all the ladies know that you have no need for such compensatory interests? duly noted, i'm sure.

Easterntiger, if it were up to me, the American car companies would continue to make super-powerful cars like todays Corvettes, Camaros, and Mustangs because the love affair with the automobile is a part of the American fabric, and that love affair aint got nothing to do with Honda Accords and Toyota Priuses. trucks would continue to be available for those who need them and those who want them. this is America for **** sake. and, there should be a hell of a lot more affordable gas sippers available. hybrids and other fuel efficient vehicles would be the trend if it were up to me. and the US government should be aggressively researching alternatives to fossil fuels.

12GO would call you a liberal loon because is told what to think and what to believe by Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, and other Conservative mouth-pieces. i will call you a narrow-minded, fake-liberal douchebag, because that's what you are.

Quote:
ok mr treehugger, my chainsaw is just getting sharpened up
so, you are ready to declare war on Mother Earth? you would intentionally cause harm to the environment to make a right-wing political statement?

Quote:
The wirld has PLENTY of oil, we just a bunch of stupid pos's in dc that won't let us drill it
does it? where is it? and how much is plenty? how many barrels are you talkin'?

Quote:
Personally, I think anyone in elected office who says we should not allow our oil companies drill and tap our oil should be shot for treason
oh, yeah. drill, baby, drill, right? "our oil companies", thats priceless. you say that as if you hold reverence for the oil companies. yeah, they've been nothing but fair with the American people, right. "our oil companies," man, that's worse than saying "our government." you dont think that anyone elected to high office is working for the...oh wait, i'm sorry..."our" oil companies?

Quote:
It's proven we have more oil than the middle east ever had, but due to treehugging idiots in DC, we are not even attemping to drill for it
that's proven is it? would you mind sourcing that for me? just post a link, if you dont mind. where is all this oil, btw? and how many barrells are we talkin"?

12GO, based on the back and forth between you and Easterntiger, i would say that the two of you should hang out more, because you both have a lot in common. for example, politically speaking, you both only see liberals and conservatives in this world. and you both only see in black and white. and despite what your own opinions of yourselves may be, neither of you are political thinkers. let me repeat that. you are not a political thinker nor a conservative or whatever you want to call yourself. what you are is what's known as a political idealogue. and you, much like Easterntiger, are an ideologue for a false, and perverted ideology.

Last edited by Linson; 11-16-2009 at 08:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive