Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 05:29 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
I'm too lazy to do it myself. And too lazy to take it somewhere and actually pay. How long can my car go for if I don't feel like changing it in the winter? Its been 7months since the last change.
But you won't be too lazy to buy a new car after you kill this one?
If your lucky it will die close to home, cause it sounds like you'll be too lazy to walk far.
Cripe,just go ahead and take it to Jiffy Lube and let them euthanize it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 05:38 PM

125 posts, read 469,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
That's pretty sad.
I agree, that's has got to be the dumbest a** thing I've ever heard of anyone ever saying. Must be a 20 something that's had everything in life
handed to him by his/her mommy...

Just think, this is the generation that's going to run the world someday,
I hope I'm dead long before then.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:51 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Ron View Post
I agree, that's has got to be the dumbest a** thing I've ever heard of anyone ever saying. Must be a 20 something that's had everything in life

I don't know, I'm 29 and I have been changing oil since I was 15. You are right though, some people aren't interested in learning how to do anything.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:07 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I think that is a good idea. I much rather go to Jiffy Lube than deal with a car dealer.

You can go to Jiffy Lube and pay $24.99 and enjoy the 50/50 chance the retarded monkeys they employ there put in the wrong oil filter, or left the drain plug loose, or screwed yp in some way.

Or you can go to the dealership and pay $29.99 and have it done right.

Your call.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:17 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Let me guess, the OP was given this car by parents, right?

A 1999 car - old. Get out of here...

A young lady I used to work with, well, sort of a tomboy, would drive her Prelude up on the curb (didn't have a garage, street parking only) in our small Colorado town, crawl under there with a catch pan and an adjustable wrench, and change her own bloody oil.

She is/was a better man than the OP. IMHO.

And, agreed, Jiffy Lube is the McDonald's of car maintenance - quick and convenient, but it's crap, and you know it.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:18 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,866,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Hmmm...something tells me you may be a Toyota employee.
something tells me you are wrong. 'cause i'm not.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:29 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
You can go to Jiffy Lube and pay $24.99 and enjoy the 50/50 chance the retarded monkeys they employ there put in the wrong oil filter, or left the drain plug loose, or screwed yp in some way.

Or you can go to the dealership and pay $29.99 and have it done right.

Your call.
Let me clarify. What I meant is that I'd rather go to Jiffy Lube than deal with a car dealer to purchase a new vehicle.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:30 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
something tells me you are wrong. 'cause i'm not.
Okay, if you say so.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:30 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Ron View Post

Yikes! Car people are mean. Yeah, Im twenty-two. And oddly enough, I do know how to change my own oil/filter.
Are you bitter that you never had a good relationship with your parents? Your one sad sad individual.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:33 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I just totalled my Camry and I used to do the oil change at exactly 2800 miles, it had 279,000, one timing belt replacement only.
Its close to a hundred thousand and I have never had any problems. That I couldn't fix on my own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion