Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it trashy to keep cars parked outside and not in the garage?
Yes 100 26.39%
No 279 73.61%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 02:14 PM

1,356 posts, read 3,915,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
A fridge in the garage? You must have one of those kitchen garages.

You have to have your beer easily accessible after working on the car .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 02:43 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
I'm going to have to rethink my approach. I just park in the kitchen.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:47 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,288,738 times
Quote:
Exactly! Also store the hotdogs and hamburgers in the freezer portion.

I've got to get it painted, though, black with flames. Especially now that I've got all the sheetrocking done in the garage and the walls are geting painted.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Merc63, is he going to leave that truck flat black? Flat black and chrome go so well together. Especially on an old C10.

Yup. It's actually black epoxy primer there, but we're going to shoot it in straight black enamel with a flattening agent so it's not porous, and cleans up easily. And it has the original red interior, too.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:55 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,287,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Exactly! Also store the hotdogs and hamburgers in the freezer portion.

I've got to get it painted, though, black with flames. Especially now that I've got all the sheetrocking done in the garage and the walls are geting painted.
Here's some flames for you if you want traditional Hot Rod elongated "C" style. Started off pearled white, fading into pearl yellow, then fading out of pearl and just yellow fading into the orange fading into red, I included the shot with the hood off so you could get alittle better idea of how it faded colors into next. ;
Attached Thumbnails
Is it Trashy to Keep Cars on Driveway vs In The Garage?-vega.jpg   Is it Trashy to Keep Cars on Driveway vs In The Garage?-vega-street.jpg   Is it Trashy to Keep Cars on Driveway vs In The Garage?-408-vega.bmp  

Old 03-31-2011, 12:00 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I dunno. I got a circular drive with a carport SO I could park one of my cars outside.

I think the look that is nasty/annoying is cars on the street.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:08 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I can understand visitors and guests having to park on the street. That's fine. What annoys me are the homeowners that park multiple cars on the street ALL THE TIME! Not just when they are cleaning out the garage or something. It makes it more dangerous if there are too many cars parked on the streets on some residential streets. If there are cars parked on both sides then usually only one car can get thru at a time. If there are cars lined up down both sides then it's hard to see if one is coming the other way before going ahead and going thru. Then the safety of school buses going thru and them having to stop and pick-up/drop-off kids w/ all those cars. It's not a good situation.

I've got a friend. Nice guy but in a way they are strange. They live in a nice neighborhood w/ rear entry garages and no crime. Yet they REFUSE to park in their garage much less their driveway. They park on the street in front of their house. I've told them this is actually giving those that are up to no good and paying attention an EASY way to know if they are home or not. Not to mention having your car parked out there during bad weather be it rain or ice. YUCK! I like mine in the garage where I can stay out of the elements and I don't have to scrap ice off the windows any.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Again, up until last year, my house was the ONLY one on my street (and even on the next two streets) that had a garage. Everyone had to park on the street, including my neighbor with his Mercedes and Corvette (and F350).

Most houses around here have no garage and only have on-street parking.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Here's some flames for you if you want traditional Hot Rod elongated "C" style. Started off pearled white, fading into pearl yellow, then fading out of pearl and just yellow fading into the orange fading into red, I included the shot with the hood off so you could get alittle better idea of how it faded colors into next. ;
I like those. I've painted flames on dozens of cars, thanks. Of course, I was talking about the fridge, not the truck. The truck's not getting flames.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:10 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
I like those. I've painted flames on dozens of cars, thanks. Of course, I was talking about the fridge, not the truck. The truck's not getting flames.
This is nice.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive