U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 01:59 AM

6,661 posts, read 23,003,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
,,,,, If they ever hit me in the rear, its their fault according to the law. Steve
In 95% of the cases yes. But
If they have video proof of you playing road games you will be liable.
If you have even the smell of alcohol on your breath you will lose.
Most states have a hindering traffic law.
You are not supposed to play cop, let them go on their way, they will be caught if they are guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 09:18 AM

3,141 posts, read 6,660,060 times
Situations like this are exactly why I have a crowbar and knives within reach, anyone wants to start some nonsense by getting out of their vehicle they're gonna get bludgeoned or stabbed... however I would never instigate by exiting my vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Did he have a Confederate Flag back window screen?
My first guess would be a rainbow flag....

Old 12-21-2008, 10:38 AM

31,384 posts, read 27,968,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I was on the left lane. There were at least 12 to 15 cars in front of me. the right lane was also congested so I couldn't switch when he wanted me to. So since I couldn't switch he started to ride on my a$$.
If there would have been a gap I could just sneak in I would have done it.

But in your post you mentioned that moving to the right lane was exactly wha he did to get around you. Either way, from the tone of your posts and subsequent responses, you guys seem to be a match made in road rage heaven.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:13 AM

6,414 posts, read 16,105,513 times
If I read the OP correctly...he was in the far left lane...traffic was on his right...and the dimwit changed to the extreme far right lane in order to pass the middle lane and then cut over to the left lane to get what he wanted in the first place. I see this every so often on the fwy in So Calif. Steve

Old 12-21-2008, 11:39 AM

23,372 posts, read 33,775,761 times
I've mellowed. I just get out of the way (when I can) and let someone else put up with it. If the driver is too crazy I call the cops. Let them handle the moron.

The worst I ever saw was some idiot in a pickem up truck with two little kids. He was driving way over the limit and using the shoulders when people didn't move fast enough. Called the cops and saw him on TV that night - drunk driver no less.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:41 AM

48,526 posts, read 73,075,072 times
Sounds to me as told it started with one road rage driver and then became two road rage drivers. That's how these things get out of hand and deadly. There are always going to be jerks on the road and many have had to much to drink or on drugs. Dangerous. IMO best to let them go on their way to a early death appointment they have to keep.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:45 PM

7,002 posts, read 17,003,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
But in your post you mentioned that moving to the right lane was exactly wha he did to get around you. Either way, from the tone of your posts and subsequent responses, you guys seem to be a match made in road rage heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
If I read the OP correctly...he was in the far left lane...traffic was on his right...and the dimwit changed to the extreme far right lane in order to pass the middle lane and then cut over to the left lane to get what he wanted in the first place. I see this every so often on the fwy in So Calif. Steve

Old 12-21-2008, 04:29 PM

563 posts, read 1,147,688 times
Quote:
Thanks, but he was the lucky one who escaped.
I mean, escape from California

Old 12-21-2008, 07:38 PM

180 posts, read 299,612 times
Quote:
I was on the left lane. There were at least 12 to 15 cars in front of me. the right lane was also congested so I couldn't switch when he wanted me to. So since I couldn't switch he started to ride on my a$$.
If there would have been a gap I could just sneak in I would have done it.
I love the people that blame you when there's 10, 15, 20 or 50 cars in front of you , like you have a svengali-like ability to make them speed up so some idiot can pass. Even if you had gotten over he'd just done the same to the person that was in front of you. He was a bully and self-important jerk sounds like to me.

The funny thing is drivers like him want you to respect them by moving over but they don't respect you by not riding your tail. Respect is a two way street.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:42 PM

1,075 posts, read 3,032,483 times
I used to play the tag your it games when others messed with me on the road when I was a whippersnapper, young, full of p and vinegar but it gets old and dangerous after a bit plus it hit me one day that I was being just as ignorant as the other and just what was the point, I win yea ok where’s my idiot trophy.

Ya gotta kinda think at times that person might be trying to get somebody to the hospital not thinking that there are now things called ambulances, be drunk or high which nowadays is very likely, or just plain insane, could be dozens o reasons but either way when another gets involved then it introduces more idiots into the game and doubles the chances of serious consequences.

Now as far as I’m going to get out and beat you’re a** lil game, I’m going to bet that 99% of the time it’s going to wind up not in your favor which would result in some purty heavy duty embarrassment one had not expected, crowbar, billyjack, knife, what ever sure has a hard time stopping bullets, drunks, dopers, and raging maniacs, one would be surprised just how fast those instruments of protection can be taken away and used on yourself, the guy might just wind up being mr super kung fu or one street fighter you wished you’d never met.

Another thing worth mentioning if a cop comes along and the innocent guy is the one that get’s nailed well the idiot get’s away and you wind up with a handful of tickets, the cop is not gonna listen to your story it’s gonna be you’re the one I got so shut up or get in back of my nice police car, the only exception to the rule being that if the cop witnessed the incident which is very unlikely, think of it this way your playing games with an idiot that started playing games first, now you become unlawful also plus during those road rage miles someone totally unfamiliar with who did what sees you doing silly things and now they get on the cell and call it in as you being the one causing problems, guess who gets in the back of the cop car, worst case scenario one gets pushed or winds up in a traffic lane and poof gets hit by a car or truck then you have very serious problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive