Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:08 PM

113 posts, read 154,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky .357 View Post
That's all well and good on a four-lane highway, but on a two lane road when they're riding my a**, the "left lane" is the shoulder.
Uhhh, "right lane" is the shoulder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 07:01 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,256,104 times
If I would have been driving a Honda, I would have hit vtec and got away from him. lol

Old 01-06-2009, 09:19 PM

472 posts, read 737,674 times
I would like to be able to construct an electronic device that would allow me to remotely shut off selected automobile engines for twenty minutes, then automatically allow normal operation. Would drive some people bonkers.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:51 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,476,720 times
You probably might have been surpised when others thought there were two mad men on the road that day.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:34 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,536,124 times
As tempting as it is to slam on my brakes and letsome tailgating jerk hit me, I'd never get over it if something really bad happened. The self-centered way some people drive, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a kid in the back with no seatbelt. I don't care if the other person is Hitler himself, I'm not so callous that I would shrug off a little kid getting hurt. The jerk could swerve and hit some innocent person just driving to work like me, or a pedestrian going his merry way up the sidewalk ... no amount of "well, that guy was a jackass" would make me feel better.

Causing accidents by slamming on your brakes to catch a tailgater is illegal in Illinois, where I live. For good reason, I think.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:03 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,512,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Situations like this are exactly why I have a crowbar and knives within reach, anyone wants to start some nonsense by getting out of their vehicle they're gonna get bludgeoned or stabbed... however I would never instigate by exiting my vehicle.

Just another Internet Tough Guy........or is it Rust Belt Zero?

Old 01-08-2009, 11:38 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,041,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Just another Internet Tough Guy........or is it Rust Belt Zero?
When I was 16 and living in Atlanta, I always had a baseball bat in the back of my trunk. One time, a police officer pulled me over and found it and asked what I was doing with it and I was honest that I had it there for protection and he told me to keep a ball and glove back there to not make it seem suspicious or intentional if something ever did happen and I did have to use it. So, I added a glove and ball and never had to use it but was willing...I guess!
I hate drivers that don't drive as well as me! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive