Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:35 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I dont care if the Chinese made a car with Lexus-like quality/refinement. Thats one country I would NEVER buy a car from. Ever.
+1

Though the Chinese are still light years behind in quality control and safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 07:53 AM

314 posts, read 1,277,478 times
I heard the chinese cars failed misurably in crash tests...so they would need to fix that.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:48 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,886 times
Aren't there any Obamite granola eating Hybrids out there who just love these compact little asian cars and are willing to put up a fight just because they dislike American style (big car) mentality? I hope that makes sense.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:13 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
Americans will buy them by the thousands...they're cheap...and many Americans will want at least three new Chinese cars of different colors to match their cell phones. You can't do that with American cars. So what if the profits go back to China and support their economy. What the hell...where would America be without Chinese products and government loans? Look what China does for us, loans us money to fight a useless war in Iraq, sends us children's toys tainted with lead paint and other poisons, and don't forget how they care for our pets by putting poisons in the pet food. Regardless, Americans can still buy ten Chinese products to one American product, so load 'em up.
Just do me one favor, as a vet I ask you not to display an American flag on a foreign car. What's that you say, the our flag is made in China too...next I guess you'll be telling me that Jesus was Chinese.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:31 PM

177 posts, read 312,392 times
Do the Chinese allow American made cars in their country?

If not, then their cars shouldn't be allowed into our country either.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:30 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoshin1115 View Post
Do the Chinese allow American made cars in their country?

If not, then their cars shouldn't be allowed into our country either.
GM sells cars over there.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:14 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,669,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
GM sells cars over there.

General Motors BUILDS cars in China. For some reason, in China, a black Buick is a cool ride!

About Chinese cars in general....we laughed at those Toyotas and Datsuns when they first came over here in the 60's.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:29 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
The problem with buying foreign cars is that the profits go to the country of origin. Even vehicles built here in the US by foreign manufacturers are composed of subassemblies made in their respective countries and are assembled here which allows them to say made in USA. Now if you think I am excusing American manufacturers I am not. They are almost as bad by making cars in Mexico and Canada. We need jobs and we need the money generated from manufacturing here in this country.
I think it is about time that Americans supported America.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:27 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,669,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The problem with buying foreign cars is that the profits go to the country of origin. Even vehicles built here in the US by foreign manufacturers are composed of subassemblies made in their respective countries and are assembled here which allows them to say made in USA. Now if you think I am excusing American manufacturers I am not. They are almost as bad by making cars in Mexico and Canada. We need jobs and we need the money generated from manufacturing here in this country.
I think it is about time that Americans supported America.

People keep repeating this myth. Profits made by public companies go to their stockholders! And they can and do live all over the world.

I am American. I own shares in Toyota Motor Corp. Toyota sends me dividend checks.

It's also possible for a citizen of Japan to own stock in Ford or GM, though I hope they don't, for their sake! But, if Ford or GM ever make a profit again....they will send the Japanese guy checks.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:53 PM

2 posts, read 4,120 times
Misters, on video the Russian car LADA 2107.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive