Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:46 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,220,880 times

Advertisements

I like it too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 11:33 PM

354 posts, read 2,075,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I think they'll need to keep the base model under $30k for it to be successful.
Buicks are a bit pricey to start with. Stripping the leather, wood grain, seat warmers and a few electronics may not be enough to get that car under 30k. Besides judging from the pictures I'll put that car comparable to the new Nissan Max with prices and maybe sales, just my opinion.

Back in 98 when I brought my first new luxury car which was the Rivey. I recalling paying 30k for it loaded with the exception of seat warmers which wasn't that coming back then I think.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:20 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,464,768 times
If they do the interior as well as Caddy did the CTS & Chevy did the Malibu, Buick may have a winner.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:45 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,218,456 times
Have seen some advertisements and like what I see in this car

I think there are 3 models of this coming out with base prices between 26k and 33k ...... looks like you can load out the 33k option and keep it under/around 40k, which comparitively isn't that bad for what is in there

Old 09-30-2009, 01:45 PM

989 posts, read 2,498,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/au...cklacrossef341
This thing is really nice. Not a traditional Buick, and that's a good thing. It's conservatively styled while still having style. Interior, if it goes into production as is, looks fantastic in the photos. It's based on the new Opel car that went into production in 08.
I like the Lucerne Super much better.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:03 PM

I think its a beautiful car, but its definitely straying away from your typical Buick. Remember this is basically what has been the "LeSabre" in the past. I think they need to keep a luxury looking rather than sporty looking car in their line-up for some of the traditional Buick buyers.

Cadillac seems to have strayed away from this when they renamed the DeVille, "DTS" and it became more of a sporty car than a luxury car.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:02 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,982 times
D*** that's ugly!!!! I knew what the IP would look like (the place i worked was doing them for GM) but had no idea they could design something so but ugly outside!

Old 10-01-2009, 12:03 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,177 times
It's really nice, I can't believe this car is coming from Buick.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:06 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
I like the Lucerne Super much better.
The Lucerne is very nice as well. Buick is really stepping up.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:44 PM

I saw the ad in a sports illustrated today... seems its now available. Funny, the ad mentioned stuff like, "features not available on the Lexus ES or Acura TL".

So they are competing with Lexus and Acura sport sedans now?

Remember, the LaCross is basically the LeSabre. I dont think traditional Buick buyers will applaud it. Seems like Buick is doing what Cadillac did with the DeVille. Renamed it DTS and made a sports sedan out of it. What happened to the cushy big American cars from GM? Lucerne seems to be the last one (which would be considered the Electra and Park Avenue back in the day), with Impala just on its heels, but neither IMO are really true cushy, smooth riding luxury cars. I have driven both over 600 miles and while the Lucerne is softer sprung than the Impala, even its not like the Park Avenues of the 80s and 90s, which had a soft, cloud-like ride.

Even my grandmas 1995 Buick LeSabre has a pillow-type ride, which is what typical Buick owners want.

I am all for the new LaCross... its a nice car and should be offered here, but Buick ALSO needs to maybe consider this an extra model and still make comfortable, LUXURY sedans for those wanting them. I think thats why Oldsmobile went down the tubes... they stopped making the Oldsmobile 88 and 98, then the Cutlass Ciera. The Intrique was the only big car Olds was making other than the costly Aurora and the Intrique could not compare with the luxury of the 88 or 98. Even in 1996, Olds was selling tons of the Cutlass Cieras to older buyers... after that, they started losing sales.... as did Buick when they redesigned the Century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC