Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 03:03 PM

9 posts, read 30,515 times

Advertisements

Hey Dezert Girl, Drover, Mattie, Deez Nuttz, Sunsprit and Blazer Prophet,

I'm not exactly sure how to respond to you all since I've never been in a 'chat room' (is this a chat room?) and it's only my 2nd time visiting a 'forum' (I know it's a forum!) ...I've got no idea what the "quote" thing's all about and I started trying to respond to each of you individually, but my "Reply" didn't seem to 'stay' with the individual response(!?!), but I want to make sure you all know how much I appreciate your taking the time to respond to my listing and offer up your help! THANK YOU ALL sooo much! (...gives me at least some faith in at least some of humanity!)
Please know that YOU ALL ROCK!!! THANK YOU!!!
Love and peace (and I hope this 'posts' for everyone to see!),
"kindaperplexed"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 04:24 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,538,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindaperplexed View Post
Hey Dezert Girl, Drover, Mattie, Deez Nuttz, Sunsprit and Blazer Prophet,

I'm not exactly sure how to respond to you all since I've never been in a 'chat room' (is this a chat room?) and it's only my 2nd time visiting a 'forum' (I know it's a forum!) ...I've got no idea what the "quote" thing's all about and I started trying to respond to each of you individually, but my "Reply" didn't seem to 'stay' with the individual response(!?!), but I want to make sure you all know how much I appreciate your taking the time to respond to my listing and offer up your help! THANK YOU ALL sooo much! (...gives me at least some faith in at least some of humanity!)
Please know that YOU ALL ROCK!!! THANK YOU!!!
Love and peace (and I hope this 'posts' for everyone to see!),
"kindaperplexed"
You left me out -

Old 01-24-2009, 05:08 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
You left me out -

I'm sure she didn't mean to. An honest mistake.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:17 PM

I figured - I was just kiding with her - not a problem - I sent her a positive rep.
I retired from Utica National (agents and brokers E & O claims) in 2004. Previously worked for Nationwide, Transamerica & Kemper. How about you?

Old 01-25-2009, 08:37 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Let me just say I wish you good luck I know how volvo owners get attached to their cars, I have a '95 850 that I just can't let go of. I was t-boned in the drivers door about 4 years ago, I went thru hell to not get it totaled. It was close.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:43 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
I figured - I was just kiding with her - not a problem - I sent her a positive rep.
I retired from Utica National (agents and brokers E & O claims) in 2004. Previously worked for Nationwide, Transamerica & Kemper. How about you?

10 years with Farmers
2 years with American Family
2 years with Orion Auto (after the merger of Guarantee National & Eagle)
3 years with Nationwide
4 years with Dentists Benefits Insurance Company- I now specialize in dental malpractice and commercial liability

Old 01-25-2009, 09:45 AM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindaperplexed View Post
Some 'lady' pulled out of a parking spot (in San Francisco) without looking and hit me, totally her fault. On top of that, she lied, numerous times, changing her story frequently. Her insurance company finally inspected her vehicle and declared her 100% responsible. They also 'assessed' my damage and declared my car totalled (the repair amount was around $3500--my car is a 1990 Volvo which they 'valued' at $1495). Their 'offer' to me (in which they deducted other 'issues' with the car/all cosmetic) was $500+ if I keep the car and $600+ if I sign it over to them. Since the damage is all cosmetic, I was going to keep it and keep driving her, but then I found out there are all these hoops to jump thru with the DMV if your car is 'salvaged'...plus my friends tell me I should be getting at least 3x the amount the insurance company came up with and that that amount is insulting. Is anyone out there an ex-insurance-company-worker-who-knows and/or does anyone out there have any experience with this??? Please help me, I don't have much money, but I'm not a 'scammer' (nor desire to be) either. I DO want fair compensation though. PLEASE HELP!?! Thank you!!!

well all depends if this accident was reported to the police?

Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 AM

Yikes!
To Gaffer: OUCH! Your message wasn't there when I posted that reply (or I hadn't seen it--I'm really new at this forum thing and crawling around...HAVE MERCY)!!!
I'm a musician and my partner and I were asked who our 'target audience' is...we respond that we're "ALL INCLUSIVE" (people in 'the biz' don't seem to like that). My goth friends were discing on me for playing a Christian AA gathering, saying they'd HATE us (when "they" REQUESTED we play--and loved us! We told my hipster friends to get in the groove and quit snobbing out, we play for anyone who wants us to, we're all about spreading the love with our music. That outlook extends to all areas of life and I would NEVER exclude someone--ESPECIALLY in this case, such a knowledgeable and sensitive gent as yourself!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

And now to "wheelsup" and "svg210": Thank you, as well, for your comments and time!!!

And now to EVERYONE who responded:
You're not gonna believe this, but I JUST GOT HIT AGAIN!!! Some moron rammed right into my rear early this afternoon, can you believe it??? He didn't damage Silver (my Volvo), but he rammed me so hard my glove compartment flew open and things on the seat flew up and onto the floor (I was at a stop at an intersection and waiting for a MUNI rail-thing to move along when BLAMMO! I'm like wtf is UP?! This

Old 01-26-2009, 07:32 AM

Exclamation Accident #1 Not-My-Fault and...I Can't Believe This

To Gaffer: OUCH!
Dude, your message wasn't there when I posted that reply (or if it was I didn't know to look whereever it was at)--the point is, I didn't exclude you, I didn't even see your response till now. Again, I'm really new to this forum thing and I'm basically crawling around on this site: HAVE MERCY!!! Why would I exclude anyone? You guys are all my heroes here!
Just so you know, they DID give me a detailed report which I AM slowly going over.
So Gaffer, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the info!

Now "wheelsup" and "svg210":
Thank you both, as well, for your comments and time!!!

To svg210: Negative on the police thing, I prefer to not be around those in uniform and avoid it whenever possible (I could share some real horror stories, but we'll leave that to another 'novellette'). I DID, however, get a letter off to the DMV, copies going to both insurance companies about it though, recounting everything that transpired and in some detail. Weirdly enough, I worked in a law office for 3 or 4 years...I'm pretty sharp (totally objectively speaking) and thorough and if small claims entered in, I'd handle my end--after all, no one has more concern for my welfare than me, right? That's right! So...

NOW TO EVERYONE, READ ON if you will/if you like:
You're not gonna believe this, but I JUST GOT HIT AGAIN!!! Some moron rammed right into my rear early this afternoon, can you believe it??? He rammed me so hard my glove compartment flew open and things on the seat flew up and onto the floor (I was at a stop at an intersection and waiting for a MUNI rail-thing to move along when BLAMMO!)

Silver (my Volvo) didn't seem to have sustained any further damage from new-crash-guy, but, after we exchanged info and he drove off, I had to sit for awhile to collect myself. Then I noticed weird sensations going on like behind my lungs and up around my shoulder blades and just went 'oh no' in my head, what if this is some real 'whiplash' thing coming on? I'm not joking, not faking and not a 'scammer'' or ambulance chaser...what I am is actually kinda scared now, because I seem to be getting stiffer and stiffer as the day goes on...and I think I'm feeling the impact in my teeth now (if that makes any sense which, to me,seems to not)!

This is so unreal. Not even done with accident #1 and now here comes #2. And not only do I not dig on the whole whiplash thing, but I don't use medical doctors (they're reputedly the #1 cause of death and disease), and I don't relish the thought of needing to 'visit' one to satisfy a corporation's (ins. co.,'s) wishes. I have friends who are non-conventional 'healers' and I'm actually one myself. ON TOP OF THAT I'M A PERFORMER, so I CAN'T be physically 'broken' I need to move LITHELY--and I really don't have time to be down for the count!!! We (my 'mate and I, we're musicians) have a showcase/interview FOR TV filming coming up in a week and I'm doing my best here to not be freaking out! So hopefully I'll wake up feeling spry and not 'stuck'.

Ay yi yi yi yi. This is, cosmically speaking, supposed to be some fab-tabulous time and year for me...but it seems the peacock is not showing his tail, so to speak!!!

This is my never-a-dull-moment life--it could be a sit-com or something. Anyways, I need to get back to some other areas of life right now. Thank you all again so much for your time and energy! Have a fun day...and drive nice!!!

Love is contagious~spread it around,
'kindaperplexed'

P.S. I also just noticed that there are 'rules' and things about posting. Hope I didn't violate anything. And what is this 'positive rep' you sent Gaffer? Is it a good thing like a star or something? Am I being 'rated' for being here? Cuz I'm new? Or does everyone rate everyone? Am I supposed to 'rate'other people? Like you guys? Never mind, maybe I'd better go read 'the 'rules' for this like pronto, since I just dove right in thinking I'd figure it out as I go along...yikes, what a day!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:23 AM

"P.S. I also just noticed that there are 'rules' and things about posting. Hope I didn't violate anything. And what is this 'positive rep' you sent Gaffer? Is it a good thing like a star or something? Am I being 'rated' for being here? Cuz I'm new? Or does everyone rate everyone? Am I supposed to 'rate'other people? Like you guys? Never mind, maybe I'd better go read 'the 'rules' for this like pronto, since I just dove right in thinking I'd figure it out as I go along...yikes, what a day!" (kindaperplexed)

My day didn't turn black when you left me out, but I just couldn't resist jerking your chain so to speak.
No, you haven't violated any rules.
Off to the right of each post is a short list: "join date"
"number of posts"
"location" (in some cases"
AND "reputation"
You hava a reputation of 15. That represents the number of times someone has clicked on the "RATE THIS POST POSITIVELY" at the bottom left of each post. If you right click on it you can add a comment and your name.
You'll figure things out as you go along - WELCOME ABOARD
Hope your uppper back and neck don't start bothering you in the next few days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive