Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 02:00 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times

Advertisements

And this is considered newsworthy because....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 02:09 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,703,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
If you had to? I didn't know anyone had to drive a particular make and model of car.

Who drives Prius by choice?

Old 02-03-2009, 03:55 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,851,545 times
Quote:
If you had to? I didn't know anyone had to drive a particular make and model of car.
Government workers should have to... It would be great to see those senators and congressmen driving along with their driver in the front and them stretched out in the front seat.

The governor of MA, Deval Patrick, replaced the former governors Ford Crown Vic with a Cadillac DTS (15 mpg in the city; 23 highway) and had the front passenger seat removed so he would have more legroom...
Deval Patrick aka: Coupe DeVal

[SIZE=+1]Deval to AP reporter,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]"You should take a ride in it. It's nice."[/SIZE]

[LEFT]"Patrick’s new car is one of Cadillac’s finest vehicles with a price tag that starts at $42,000. By comparison, Crown Victorias, which are the vehicle of choice for police and government agencies, start at $26,000. The DTS is the 2007 version of the DeVille and is the largest luxury sedan made by Cadillac. " [/LEFT]

Old 02-03-2009, 04:20 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,994,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Government workers should have to... It would be great to see those senators and congressmen driving along with their driver in the front and them stretched out in the front seat.

The governor of MA, Deval Patrick, replaced the former governors Ford Crown Vic with a Cadillac DTS (15 mpg in the city; 23 highway) and had the front passenger seat removed so he would have more legroom...
Deval Patrick aka: Coupe DeVal

[SIZE=+1]Deval to AP reporter,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]"You should take a ride in it. It's nice."[/SIZE]

[LEFT]"Patrick’s new car is one of Cadillac’s finest vehicles with a price tag that starts at $42,000. By comparison, Crown Victorias, which are the vehicle of choice for police and government agencies, start at $26,000. The DTS is the 2007 version of the DeVille and is the largest luxury sedan made by Cadillac. " [/LEFT]
Howie had a field day with that one

Old 02-03-2009, 04:31 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You are right. Instead of physically attacking the other driver ( how barbaric!), I would have expected the Prius driver to push his seat back, light his pipe and sit there perusing some journal article while waiting for the cops to arrive.
Nah, the pipe is pollution.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:17 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,914,217 times
Quote:
It would be "had to" for me. I have no plans to ever drive anything other than a golf cart that runs on a battery.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:24 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,703,450 times
I have nothing against a battery-powered car or hybrid, but it will be a better car than a Prius, for sure.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:05 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,791,891 times
From what I've read about them, battery powered cars can get crazy amounts of torque and it's a nice flat, wide curve too. I wouldn't be disappointed if the internal combustion engine was replaced by a battery and motor.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:15 AM

890 posts, read 3,700,888 times
I drive a Santa Fe...not the world's worst vehicle in terms of fuel mileage. But every time I pass one of those whole-grain munching tree huggers in a Prius I get a look that would knock Teddy Kennedy out for at least 45 minutes. Bicyclists hate me too. I rented a Prius for the weekend and my God they loved me...

Humans are truly a weird species.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:08 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitywanderer View Post
I drive a Santa Fe...not the world's worst vehicle in terms of fuel mileage. But every time I pass one of those whole-grain munching tree huggers in a Prius I get a look that would knock Teddy Kennedy out for at least 45 minutes. Bicyclists hate me too. I rented a Prius for the weekend and my God they loved me...

Humans are truly a weird species.

Portland humans must be the weird sub-species.

Strange, though- when I visited for a day (before heading to Cape Lookout SP) no one gave me a look and I was driving a Dodge Charger. That's considerably larger than a Santa Fe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion