Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:27 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
look, this is a quote by you:

^that was you, dude.
Where did I ever say - as you claimed - that I "have never owned or tuned a late-model performance car"?

You REALLY need to stop this nonsense. You're in way over your head.

You're claiming you got a 15 hp jump just by installing a cold air intake. I'm saying you didn't, and you absolutely cannot show any evidence that you have. So you really need to stop making outlandish claims you cannot validate.

You also need to stop claiming I've said things I've never said. It's pretty easy to keep proving you wrong.

On the other hand, you really are more than welcome to spend money however wastefully you wish. It's a free country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 06:41 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,384 times
[quote=Omaha Rocks]

Quote:
Where did I ever say - as you claimed - that I "have never owned or tuned a late-model performance car"?
vvv uhh, dude...

Quote:
Nope, I haven't owned either of those cars you mentioned. Never indicated that I did.

Quote:
You REALLY need to stop this nonsense. You're in way over your head.
yeah, sure seems like it.

Quote:
You're claiming you got a 15 hp jump just by installing a cold air intake. I'm saying you didn't, and you absolutely cannot show any evidence that you have.
ya know, it mighta been 10, it mighta been 15. i know it made a noticeable difference and i remember immediately feeling that it was money well spent. so where is your evidence that my Camaro didnt net a gain of 15 HP from a Moroso CAI. at least i have the car. you've already said that you have never owned or operated a car like it.

Quote:
So you really need to stop making outlandish claims you cannot validate.
that i cannot validate? how is this an arguement? at least i have the car. i drive the car. i dont know what else i can give you besides my word that i'm not a schill for the K&N corperation.

Quote:
You also need to stop claiming I've said things I've never said. It's pretty easy to keep proving you wrong.
and all i have to do is go back two pages in this thread, and copy a direct quote from one of your posts to prove myself right.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:50 PM

[quote=Linson;8074390]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks
vvv uhh, dude...

yeah, sure seems like it.

ya know, it mighta been 10, it mighta been 15. i know it made a noticeable difference and i remember immediately feeling that it was money well spent. so where is your evidence that my Camaro didnt net a gain of 15 HP from a Moroso CAI. at least i have the car. you've already said that you have never owned or operated a car like it.

that i cannot validate? how is this an arguement? at least i have the car. i drive the car. i dont know what else i can give you besides my word that i'm not a schill for the K&N corperation.

and all i have to do is go back two pages in this thread, and copy a direct quote from one of your posts to prove myself right.
Once again, nice try. But contrary to what you're trying to imply, I said I never owned the 3 specific cars you mentioned.

Does that mean I've not been allowed to own dozens of other cars & trucks - just because you seem to think you get to say so?

I also find it interesting that you're getting around to admitting that you have absolutely no evidence whatever that you picked up an extra 10-15 hp simply by throwing on a K&N. In addition, you're contradicting yourself, because even if those pictures you posted are of your cars (something I seriously doubt), those cars have been completely "built".

You're free to stop spinning in circles if you wish, but you've been contradicting yourself quite a bit, as of late.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:59 PM

[quote=Omaha Rocks]

Quote:
Right. Uhh Huhh.
are you saying that......oh, Christ, dude!

Quote:
Where's the proof that you got a 15 hp jump just by installing a cold air intake system? THAT is what you're claiming.
are you saying you want me to strip off all of the modifications i've done, and put all the stock $#!+ back on, then go do a dyno pull, and then put on just the CAI and do another dyno pull? while i fly your ass up here to witness it? because short of that, for the third time, what the **** proof is there?

Quote:
By the way, I can post about 500 pictures of cars if you'd like me to. I can even claim they're all mine.
admit that youre ****ing with me with this. admit it right now. if not, i guess i can post a link to my MySpace page under the same screen name, Linson, my last name. there you can see more pictures of the cars, as well as pics of me and my family if you wanna. but please let me know whether or not youre being serious with this veiled indictment.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:00 PM

[quote=Linson;8074570]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks

are you saying that......oh, Christ, dude!

are you saying you want me to strip off all of the modifications i've done, and put all the stock $#!+ back on, then go do a dyno pull, and then put on just the CAI and do another dyno pull? while i fly your ass up here to witness it? because short of that, for the third time, what the **** proof is there?

admit that youre ****ing with me with this. admit it right now. if not, i guess i can post a link to my MySpace page under the same screen name, Linson, my last name. there you can see more pictures of the cars, as well as pics of me and my family if you wanna. but please let me know whether or not youre being serious with this veiled indictment.
Hey - you're the one making claims you absolutely cannot prove. Not me.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
(something I seriously doubt),
MySpace.com - Linson - 34 - Male - Port Angeles, Washington - www.myspace.com/1967hawk

Old 03-27-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post

Hey - you're the one making claims you absolutely cannot prove. Not me.
youre claiming that i in fact did not gain 10-15 HP from installing a Cold Air Intake. you make this claim, admittedly, without first hand experience using a Cold Air Intake and without any experience tuning late-model muscle cars and without - hello - the car in question.

where's your proof? youre making a negative claim that you absolutely cannot verify.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:32 PM

[quote=Omaha Rocks;8074485]

Quote:
Does that mean I've not been allowed to own dozens of other cars & trucks - just because you seem to think you get to say so?
sheesh. okay...what are some performance vehicles you've owned and which ones have you put a CAI on?

Quote:
In addition, you're contradicting yourself, because even if those pictures you posted are of your cars (something I seriously doubt), those cars have been completely "built".
well, that's my point. i'm not some knucklehead who's gonna think that a CAI is the ultimate in performance modifications. i'm not here trying to tell you people that a CAI is gonna make your Camaro hang with a Viper. i'm not even saying its a good idea or worth while on many applications. all i'm saying (FROM EXPERIENCE) is that on the right car - particularly most fuel injected V8's - it is a worthwhile modification if you want a little more power and better throttle response.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
youre claiming that i in fact did not gain 10-15 HP from installing a Cold Air Intake. you make this claim, admittedly, without first hand experience using a Cold Air Intake and without any experience tuning late-model muscle cars and without - hello - the car in question.

where's your proof? youre making a negative claim that you absolutely cannot verify.
I don't have to prove anything, because I'm not making stupid and outlandish claims.

Now... Since your first post here you have been nothing but an obnoxious butt-hole. Your first sentence to me included you calling me a di*ckhe*ad, and accusing me of blowing stuff out my a*ss.

And you think you're NOT going to get taken to the woodshed for stupidity like that? You think you're going to be able to come swaggering in here like some bigshot, and everybody is going to cower to you?

All that has happened here is that I've proven you did NOT - as you claimed - get 10-15 hp just by throwing a cold air intake on a car. You've even admitted it.

There are several things I'd suggest to you, before I (probably) put you on IGNORE:
1. Get over yourself. You seem to think you're some hotshot, who everyone is supposed to cower before, but obviously you are not.
2. Don't spout off and make outlandish claims you clearly cannot substantiate.
3. Learn to read & comprehend, THEN respond. It keeps you from sticking your foot in your mouth.
4. What you write should evidence that you know what you're talking about - not that you're a poser.

That's all. Byebye.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:43 PM

[quote=Omaha Rocks]

Quote:
I don't have to prove anything, because I'm not making stupid and outlandish claims.
it's really not that outlandish. if i had said it was worth 30 or 50 HP that would be outlandish - but 10-15. that's rather common.

Quote:
Now... Since your first post here you have been nothing but an obnoxious butt-hole. Your first sentence to me included you calling me a di*ckhe*ad, and accusing me of blowing stuff out my a*ss.
that's true. maybe that was out of line, and i'm not too proud to apologize for that, but i got fed up with you before i even replied to you directly. once it became clear you had no idea what youre talking about.

Quote:
And you think you're NOT going to get taken to the woodshed for stupidity like that? You think you're going to be able to come swaggering in here like some bigshot, and everybody is going to cower to you?
i dont expect anyone to cower to me. and i must say, you most certainly have not "taken me to the wooodshed" or won any part of this arguement for that matter.

Quote:
All that has happened here is that I've proven you did NOT - as you claimed - get 10-15 hp just by throwing a cold air intake on a car. You've even admitted it.
you've proven that? how? how do you figure that you've proven this? and how and when did i admit to this?

Quote:
There are several things I'd suggest to you, before I (probably) put you on IGNORE:
1. Get over yourself. You seem to think you're some hotshot, who everyone is supposed to cower before, but obviously you are not.
2. Don't spout off and make outlandish claims you clearly cannot substantiate.
3. Learn to read & comprehend, THEN respond. It keeps you from sticking your foot in your mouth.
4. What you write should evidence that you know what you're talking about - not that you're a poser.
^ nonsense

Quote:
That's all. Byebye.
aww, dont cop out on me now; with the "i'm above it all" routine.

Quote:
All that has happened here is that I've proven you did NOT - as you claimed - get 10-15 hp
seriously, i want to know how you figure that you proved anything and at what point you figure that i admitted as much.

were you satisfied that those are in fact MY vehicles that i posted pics of, btw?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive