Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:53 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,047 times

Advertisements

Good luck with that gas bill. With gas heading to the 4-5 dollars a gallon this summer, it's going to be mighty funny watching all the SUV and big truck fellas paying a nice sum of cash to get their trucks and SUVs gassed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 09:53 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,693,098 times
Quote:
What year was your Escape?
2007, had it for less than a year and already trading up.

The warranty covered most of it but I still had to spend my own money to fix a few problems that weren't covered. But that's in the past, time to look ahead into those shiny 20" rims.

Quote:
Good luck with that gas bill. With gas heading to the 4-5 dollars a gallon this summer, it's going to be mighty funny watching all the SUV and big truck fellas paying a nice sum of cash to get their trucks and SUVs gassed up.
$4-$5? I doubt it, at least not this year. Right now it's around $2.80 and frankly I'd be suprised if it got above $3/ gallon this summer.

And if for some odd reason it does get up there, what can you do besides grin it and bear it? I like my SUV's and won't give them up...ever.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:06 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Everyone seems to love their Toyota's. They're nice but they're just not what I want. I'm biting the bullet and hopefully getting the Yukon Denali. Momof2dfw has been giving me some great advice so I'm blaming this all on her.

As for the gas bill, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and pay it.
Gee thanks Just don't send me your gas bills. I saw this morning that our gas has jumped up again. $2.52 for reg. and $2.72 for prem. I'm betting this is to get it to the point they can raise close to $3 for Easter weekend and Memorial Day. Funny how gas prices seem to go up right before a holiday Oh well, I'm not getting rid of them. I use my more "economical" car when I can but when your livelyhood and business relies on a fleet of trucks you suck it up as the price of doing business. Same as you since having a vehicle that can hold at least 4 other adult passangers at times is a need and a plus to "seal the deal". Plus we get to write off our gas expenses and car payments/depreciation .

At least this ride has those 20" wheels, sccchweeet. I'll go w/ tet tea, go with what suits you. When it comes to major purchases settling for something less than what you really desire is sometimes not the best way to go. As long as you can afford it that is. In the end you don't usually have any regrets. HEY, for that price you could have found you a used Cayenne Not a turbo w/ low miles though.

Speaking of the Cayenne. You asked about it the other day. I've only driven it that one time but it was nice and handles like a sports car. Been in it a few times w/ hubby and the ride is smooth. The turbo has three suspension options and the "normal" for regular city driving does just fine. The "comfort" setting gives it more of that "float" ride so hubby does not use that. Turning radius pretty good and the brakes are touchy (note to self, never slam on the brakes in this car). Plenty of get up and go, OMY!!! Um, yeah it can get up and go. In cars like this much like my BMW it is really easy to get going faster than you think you are (that wasn't a policeman I passed was it?).

Anyway, I think your going to love the Denali and all the options. Reading those manuals now is a chore w/ all of the options on these cars. I know w/ my Suburban having the better suspension and larger engine that car drives like sports car. She may be big but she can move pretty fast . Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:30 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,995,797 times
Quote:
2007, had it for less than a year and already trading up.
Interesting. I knew the 2000 and 2001 model years had quality control and reliability issues, but not with the 2003+ models. You didn't have a Escape Hybrid, did you?

Old 03-28-2007, 03:28 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,693,098 times
Quote:
You didn't have a Escape Hybrid, did you?
Nope, it was an Escape 4X4 Limited.

Another hour or so before I'm picking my baby up. I think it has the option to shut off 4 of the cylinders when driving in the highway so maybe my gas bill won't be so high after all. I can't wait to show it off to all my friends.

I know I know, I sound like a little kid getting a new toy.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:58 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
Quote:
Nope, it was an Escape 4X4 Limited.

Another hour or so before I'm picking my baby up. I think it has the option to shut off 4 of the cylinders when driving in the highway so maybe my gas bill won't be so high after all. I can't wait to show it off to all my friends.

I know I know, I sound like a little kid getting a new toy.
You mean they are not delivering it too you w/ a big red bow on top?

Like a kid in a candy store......... boys and their toys. What can I say, I like cars too.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:29 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,633,212 times
well good for you! How much you spend and what it costs to fill the tank is your biz and nobody else's. I hope you enjoy the new rig....those are some mighty fine rides.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:28 PM

464 posts, read 752,919 times
Congrats on your new car - I know you will enjoy it.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:21 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,529,513 times
Ain't nothing better than a "beater" vehicle! I drive a '92 Ford F 150 pickup. It's long been paid for. It's got the usual niggly problems a vehicle with 178,000 miles on it would. But, otherwise, it runs well. I never wash it or worry about parking lot dings. Don't think it'll EVER get stolen. I'm happy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive