Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:59 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times

Advertisements

Great if you've got a little lap dog. Not going to work for an 80 pound dog.

FYI, the Matrix/Vibe rear seat backs and cargo area are easy to wash plastic. I'll put my dogs blanket down and he'll be in doggie heaven! If he's muddy after a trip to teh dog park, the plastic will easily wash clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 02:02 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,142,155 times
I drove an Element for four years. Paid it off and then sold it for a stupid reason for $11K. You want to talk bulletproof, that is bulletproof.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:04 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,767,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I think Scion's are butt ugly. The Element starts at over my top price, and if I wanted an SUV I wouldn't have narrowed my choices to what I did.
Sorry my opinion was not exactly what you wanted to hear. I will try to keep my opinions of your questions to myself from now on.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:41 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,366,882 times
Quote:
Great if you've got a little lap dog. Not going to work for an 80 pound dog.

FYI, the Matrix/Vibe rear seat backs and cargo area are easy to wash plastic. I'll put my dogs blanket down and he'll be in doggie heaven! If he's muddy after a trip to teh dog park, the plastic will easily wash clean.
I would think a built in ramp isn't too bad even if you don't use the other stuff.

SF Gate: Sammy poses on the dog ramp of the new Honda Element at t... (Spencer Platt / Getty Images) Multimedia (image) (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/n/a/2009/04/09/financial/f101214D83.DTL&o=3&type=autos - broken link)

Interesting that the Matrix uses plastic on the rear interior. I was just pointing out that the Element uses wetsuit type material and plastic in the entire interior. That's just for informational purposes.

I do think the Matrix is the better looking of all of these vehicles though.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
Sorry my opinion was not exactly what you wanted to hear. I will try to keep my opinions of your questions to myself from now on.
I had three specific cars I was looking for opinions on, per the title of the thread. If I was interested in any others, I would have said so.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_m View Post
I would think a built in ramp isn't too bad even if you don't use the other stuff.

SF Gate: Sammy poses on the dog ramp of the new Honda Element at t... (Spencer Platt / Getty Images) Multimedia (image) (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/n/a/2009/04/09/financial/f101214D83.DTL&o=3&type=autos - broken link)

Interesting that the Matrix uses plastic on the rear interior. I was just pointing out that the Element uses wetsuit type material and plastic in the entire interior. That's just for informational purposes.

I do think the Matrix is the better looking of all of these vehicles though.
The Element is also $3K or more above my top price of $20K including tax and title as stated in my first post. I don't want an SUV, so I don't need a ramp for my dog to get in and out.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:33 AM

602 posts, read 2,033,120 times
Of that group, the Vibe/Matrix is probably the best choice. When I was looking for a car in '07, I drove one, so I haven't driven one of the new ones, but no matter what I did I couldn't get comfortable in the thing.
Have you considered any of the mini-minivans like the Kia Rondo or Mazda 5? I ended up with the Jeep Patriot, (I really wanted something w/ AWD) and mine has been excellent and yes, the seats fold flat, even the front one on some models.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:44 AM

I've looked at everything in/near class, and have narrowed my choice to the Vibe or Matrix. At this point it's coming down to where I'll get the best deal.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:38 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,767,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truemuck View Post
Of that group, the Vibe/Matrix is probably the best choice. When I was looking for a car in '07, I drove one, so I haven't driven one of the new ones, but no matter what I did I couldn't get comfortable in the thing.
Have you considered any of the mini-minivans like the Kia Rondo or Mazda 5? I ended up with the Jeep Patriot, (I really wanted something w/ AWD) and mine has been excellent and yes, the seats fold flat, even the front one on some models.
Oh Noooooooooooooo!!!!!! You brought up a different vehicle than what was posted. I made the same mistake and now you, brace yourself for a scolding.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:14 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,366,882 times
Quote:
The Element is also $3K or more above my top price of $20K including tax and title as stated in my first post. I don't want an SUV, so I don't need a ramp for my dog to get in and out.
I wasn't replying to your post when I mentioned it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive