U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 11:00 AM

2,783 posts, read 4,782,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
And for all the misinformed, the Miata is not feminine whatsoever other than its diminutive size. Its a purist sports car in the British tradition. Small, light, neutral, lithe, incredible on the track. Sure some women bought them but only because "theyre cute", but its for a man who knows and enjoys driving, particularly...
with his male life partner and enjoys chin nuts with a nice chardonnay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 12:20 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,851,694 times
I really don't think there's such a thing as masculine and feminine in autos anymore as I see women driving all types of vehicles. I've seen beautiful petite women driving H2 Hummers and Avalanches. I will say though that I havn't seen too many women driving Chargers.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:17 PM

2,866 posts, read 4,901,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
speaking of rav-4 i rember in the mid 90's they had a two seater version umm suszuki had the x-90

weird thing is i saw one at a car show but never seen one on the road guess they never sold many of these
Someone at my old apartment complex had one of these! All of the brand markings were taken off it and I could never figure out what it was. I had always been really curious about that car until now. Thank you so much for posting that pic!

Old 05-18-2009, 05:02 PM

8,788 posts, read 22,214,576 times
Few years ago was at the Ford Museum, they had an exhibit on the Probe, (remember them?) and IIRC it was a sports car designed to appeal to women.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:10 PM

3,537 posts, read 4,991,955 times
I think the Nissan Altima Coupe is very feminine.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:47 PM

1,764 posts, read 4,507,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKL View Post
I don't see anything wrong with driving a miata if you're a guy...I'm thinking of getting one if I have to get a car.

I find more things wrong with having to get a masculine car to identify yourself as a male......
You're 100% right. It's called compensating. The entire domestic auto industry seems to have been based on it, and well, we see how 2/3 of that turned out.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:55 PM

2,588 posts, read 4,774,336 times
i envy guys that can fit into Miatas. i really do. i have yet to meet anyone who has driven one who does not absolutely love the thing, and they can be found so cheap now.

Mike

Old 05-18-2009, 08:43 PM

9,221 posts, read 12,535,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Few years ago was at the Ford Museum, they had an exhibit on the Probe, (remember them?) and IIRC it was a sports car designed to appeal to women.
I though when they first came out they were going to replace the mustang with it

Old 05-19-2009, 09:12 AM

3,322 posts, read 3,142,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Dude cars:
Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger, Pretty much anything with a Hemi
Any Truck with "Dually" or "Crew Cab" in the name
"Tuner" subarus or Mitsu's
Any Caddy V or BMW M series - The drops you see coming out of the tail pipes of these cars isn't water condensation, it's testosterone

Chick rides:
Miata
Civic Sedans
Any 2 dr Mercedes convertible
Lexus RX's
Any VW. - Someone once asked if VW made any cars for men. They do. Those cars are called Porsches
Man, I am confused now, lol!

So what does it say about me that my first car was a 65' Mustang with a modified 302 and a 5 speed suicide shift; and I currently have a F-350 turbo diesel dually; and MORE importantly what does it say about my husband that his first car was a 73' Super Beetle with a 911 in the rear end, lol!

To be fair though, VW did make a guy car; it was the van, lol!

As far as girly cars, I consider a Camry to be a chick car.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,478 times
My boyfriend and I are about to have our first child, and we need to get a new car. How do I down grade from his '05 Dodge Ram to a more fuel efficient car with a back seat for our baby. I want it to be safe and not a gas gussler like the Ram without taking away all of his masculinity and keeping it cheap. Am I just hoping too much and need to tell him "Sorry, child saftey and affordable comes before manly-ness"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive