Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 02:12 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,227,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I don't think he's joking. I've heard it called ugly on several occasions.
When I looked up "ugly" and "Subaru SVX" on google, it mostly refers to the windows being ugly. Everyone has different opinions, so one's person's "ugly", is another persons "beauty". I have actually heard some people say the 1993-1998 Supra's were ugly, which I think is insane since I love them. But, everyone is entitled to their opinoins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 02:40 PM

257 posts, read 1,444,494 times
I didn't say I thought it was ugly though, I just said I saw it (incorrectly) on an "ugly" list, but my memory failed me, it was a "flop" list.
I personally thought it was ok looking, it just had those different windows.

Last edited by mellabella; 06-22-2009 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-23-2009, 08:33 AM

844 posts, read 2,100,780 times
Good news... I actually just bought one!!!

I will be picking her up this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellabella View Post
Ha, i just saw it on a yahoo or msn list as one of the ugliest cars.
I have little respect for those "10 ____ cars" lists on Yahoo, AOL, etc. You can tell they are always written by a housewife who drives a Toyota Camry and has little knowledge of anything automotive (no offense to housewives who actually know a thing or two about cars - gotta love those hotties ).
My favorite is when they continually put down the Ferrari 348... because they saw it knocked on another list somewhere. "Might as well perpetuate misinformation." Go ask any 348 owner & they will tell you the car absolutely rocks!!!

Those lists should go:
Honda Accord Coupe
Toyota Camry
Honda Civic
(the rest of the list would be Hyundais & Kias)

Old 06-23-2009, 10:48 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,065,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkme View Post
Good news... I actually just bought one!!!

I will be picking her up this weekend

I have little respect for those "10 ____ cars" lists on Yahoo, AOL, etc. You can tell they are always written by a housewife who drives a Toyota Camry and has little knowledge of anything automotive (no offense to housewives who actually know a thing or two about cars - gotta love those hotties ).
My favorite is when they continually put down the Ferrari 348... because they saw it knocked on another list somewhere. "Might as well perpetuate misinformation." Go ask any 348 owner & they will tell you the car absolutely rocks!!!

Those lists should go:
Honda Accord Coupe
Toyota Camry
Honda Civic
(the rest of the list would be Hyundais & Kias)
Were you putting together the most awesome and reliable commuter list?

Old 06-23-2009, 11:27 AM

844 posts, read 2,100,780 times
Quote:
Were you putting together the most awesome and reliable commuter list?
That would be the ugly list, dear...

Old 06-23-2009, 11:36 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,695,879 times
I didn't own one, but drove a red one for a month. It is a really cool car, and strangers always commented on how cool looking it was, and wanted to know what it was. It was very heavy for the power it had (3700 lbs, 230 hp), and mpg was not that great, and the active suspension is expensive to maintain - also a problem on the XT6 of the day. The real reason it didn't sell was its very expensive price tag at over $30k. Performance was good for what it was, 0-60 in 7.2 seconds.

Its definitely a unique car that gets people's attention.

Last edited by Sayantsi; 06-23-2009 at 11:44 AM..

Old 06-23-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkme View Post
That would be the ugly list, dear...
But I don't see any ugly cars on that list. Is this some sort of illusion? They may be bland but none of them are ugly (at least no more than the SVX).

Old 06-23-2009, 03:59 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,227,900 times
Quote:
But I don't see any ugly cars on that list. Is this some sort of illusion? They may be bland but none of them are ugly (at least no more than the SVX).

I have always liked Honda Accords but the new accord coupe definitely is ugly.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have always liked Honda Accords but the new accord coupe definitely is ugly.
I haven't been a big fan of Honda's/Acura's design direction over past few years either.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:09 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,142,155 times
On my suggestion, my dad bought a '96 SVX L, in emerald green, from Carlsen Subaru, a dealership in Sunnyvale (?) that was then going out of business. (They have recently reappeared in Redwood City.) He put 180K on it and then donated it to charity. By the end it was leaking oil and the transmission was shot. If you shifted into neutral, it would stall out. Also, the wheel bearings had a squeaking problem for its entire life. It went to the dealer for that at least 10 times and it never got permanently corrected.

It was a really nice sweet-handling car, though, and it always turned heads. He only turned his back on it when an even stranger thing came out - the Mazda RX-8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru