Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:16 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,598,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
You're the one playing games.

If you're going to walk if I get up out of my office, then there is no point to even attempting to work a deal.

Besides that, in my experience, people who come in with the attitude you do are never worth the small amount of money the sale generates anyway.
Get real already. I'm , and a lot of other people, are NOT interested in any sort of a "deal". All we want to do is buy another car not play any stupid horse trading games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 09:24 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,349,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Feathers View Post
You must be a car salesman yourself with such a rotten attitude. No wonder you have very few friends!

Yes, in fact I do know the market better than they do. I was able to sell the car today for a lot more That dealer lost out on some hefty profits HAHAHAHA!!! They were dumb to lowball me.

So they wouldn't give you retail for your car? Shocking.

Guess what? What you can sell it for has absolutely no bearing on what the car is worth trade-in.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:24 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,021,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Get real already. I'm , and a lot of other people, are NOT interested in any sort of a "deal". All we want to do is buy another car not play any stupid horse trading games.
I agree Tightwad! getmeoutofhere seems to be one of the traditional used car dealers. Nothing wrong with that I suppose, but the type that I would just walk out on. I used to enjoy the 'game', getting the best of his type, but not any more.

One way to do that is through the internet, I got a great deal on my ex's Matrix that way. BELOW invoice and no hassle, the ones that came in higher I just ignored. The truck before that was slightly above invoice, but still, NO HASSLE.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post

I have some news for you. It's negotiation. An attitude like yours, I don't want to work with.

Not all money is good money.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I have some news for you. It's negotiation. An attitude like yours, I don't want to work with.

Not all money is good money.
Not a problem, I (and others) will take my business elsewhere.

I worked in the car business, I know salesmen like you. I don't like them and would never give them my business.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Not a problem, I (and others) will take my business elsewhere.

I worked in the car business, I know salesmen like you. I don't like them and would never give them my business.

Why deepcynic, what an ugly thing to say! Does this mean you’re not my friend anymore? You know, deepcynic, if I thought you weren’t my friend, I don’t think I could bear it.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:23 PM

I love you people. It really both amuses and amazes me that you all have the gall to sit here and ****** and moan about how terrible these places are, yet you make demands and ask for the things that any other business would laugh you out of the place. "I want this car at below cost!" "I'm paying cash and I want a cash deal!" Blah, blah, blah.

You hate salespeople and whine and complain about them, yet from the start, due to some other experience, you treat them in a manner that would get you slapped on the street. Well, I know this might be news to some of you, but you get what you give. If you come in with an attitude, that's what you're going to get right back. And then, of course, it's the dealers fault.

You have no compunction about lying to salespeople so why should you be surprised that they might lie back to you? You really think I believe you that this dealer down the street is offering you x amount for whatever, or that you know my true cost, or your cousin got $10,000 off? Whatever.

And God forbid the dealership actually try and make a profit. I have yet to see a dealership that is a not-for-profit enterprise.

I see a hundred people a month that all want to tell me how to do my job, how this is the way it is, how you know what such-and-such is worth...guess what? The beautiful thing about this business is the house always wins. You think you "took" the dealer? You think you "beat them at their game"? I do this every day, you do it every 3 or 4 years. You didn't win. Guaranteed.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Why deepcynic, what an ugly thing to say! Does this mean you’re not my friend anymore? You know, deepcynic, if I thought you weren’t my friend, I don’t think I could bear it.
Ah, you miss the point, I choose to deal with modern salespeople, and modern dealerships that treat customers with respect. And that is what I have done, and will continue to do.

When I got that Matrix below invoice the dealership still made a profit, and I got a reasonable deal. It was a win-win.

It is not an ugly thing to say, it is the way of the world. Once you realize that you may actually do better.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Ah, you miss the point, I choose to deal with modern salespeople, and modern dealerships that treat customers with respect. And that is what I have done, and will continue to do.

When I got that Matrix below invoice the dealership still made a profit, and I got a reasonable deal. It was a win-win.

It is not an ugly thing to say, it is the way of the world. Once you realize that you may actually do better.

I actually treat all my customers with respect, provided I am extended the same courtesy from the start. It's bad business otherwise.

Also, I do not think you got the reference.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
In order, I want someone to lease, finance, bring in outside financing, pay cash.

I also like it if they have marginal credit. Not bad, but not great.
Oh yeah, that speaks of respect!

That speaks of how to get as much money out of a customer as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive