Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 05:52 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,902,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
Well, you could compare a $33k XLE Camry to a $32 Genesis, since the only difference between the $32k Genesis and the $40k (it actually starts at $37k) genesis is engine size.
You should be comparing the Genesis with the Lexus LS. Genesis still wins even though it is cheaper than a Camry and 3X cheaper than the LS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 06:48 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,258,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
The Genesis is a vastly superior vehicle. The Camry is not in its league.
Agree. Genesis is after the Lexus line.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
But I'll make the payments on the Camry, and endure the lack of appeal, and take my wife on a leisurely trip around the world with the other 12K.

Whatever floats your boat.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:53 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
Hyundai trumps BMW and Jaguar in J.D. Power 2009 APEAL study

Interesting released study from JD Power on owner appeal of the cars they own - The Hyundai Genesis got higher marks than the BMW 5 Series, knocking it from its historic top spot. The study looks at new owners and their cars to draw the evaluation.

Also, Toyotas are bottom of the barrel, further evidence that Toyota makes unappealing cars - even to those that buy them.
I'm begining to think JD Power is on Hyundais payroll. They did the same with the Hyundai Veracruz and Lexus. I bouht one and found it a real disappointment. I wonder if the author works for Hyundai?

Old 07-17-2009, 07:01 PM

All the car mag like it. It used be that with Honda and toyota as well.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:16 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,902,279 times
Genesis is MotorWeek's Luxury car of the year. It won in the luxury category.

Including all categories (luxury, sport, etc.) VW Jetta TDI was their overall best car of the year.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:27 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,248 times
We bought a Hyundai years ago when money was tight. This is the car I liked the most. We recently had to buy our teen a car and of course went with Hyundai again. We love our Hyundais.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:27 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Well now I know JD power is full of $hit... that or the people polled have absolutely ZERO taste in vehicles...

You couldn't GIVE me a Hyundai !!

Old 07-17-2009, 07:56 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,038,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Well now I know JD power is full of $hit... that or the people polled have absolutely ZERO taste in vehicles...

If someone does try to give you a Hyudai, would you please take it and then give it to me?

Not that I am a big fan of the make, but to refuse a free car is simply lunacy.

(unless it is a chrysler product )

Old 07-17-2009, 10:05 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

So you're saying if someone walked up to you and handed you the keys to a brand new one, you'd be the fool you proclaim to be and tell them, "No thanks, never!"

Even if you didn't like the line, a smart person would say, "thanks" and turn around and sell it. Der.

Congrats! I really don't think your post had the "I'm better than a Hyundai" effect you were hoping for.

I always find it humorous when someone has a poll like this and others don't like the outcome/ disagree with it... they are quick to bash the sensibility of ALL the people involved in the poll. "Everyone polled must have no taste". I think every company that rates cars could say "Hyundai has changed around and makes nicer cars now" and the nay sayers would still be objecting that their Toyota is the ish to own, blah, blah, blah... completely ignoring the fact that things (i.e. car companies and their products) change.

But that's actually nice 'cuz it keeps the cost of those nice cars, everyone's writing about, down for the open-minded people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive