Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 11:21 AM

143 posts, read 762,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
For real driving enthusiasts, a BMW or a Porsche or a Mercedes will always come out on top. However, the thing that is killing them now is the price. The vast majority of people don't need or care to buy a car that can drive smooth and controlled even at 150 mph on the autobahn, ... if the car feels wobbly a bit and the steering wheel is slightly disconnected from the column and it doesn't quite feel like the refined machine that the German cars are, so be it ... it is cheaper. And that's the key - especially in these times.

That said I think the Genesis is a good looking car. It's not a dumb decision, but JD Power interviews all types, and that means most people will be point A to B types.
lol do you really think those German cars are steadier at 150mph than their competitors?

Man, those ads really have got you by the balls. ///M marketing lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 11:24 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Spoken like a true person who hasn't moved past the fact that Hyundai no longer makes the junk they once did.

And, um, FTR, no one rents Hyundai Genesis'... but I have rented plenty of Camary's.

iTsLiKeAnEgG... hope you get one! I've test driven one and it made my Cadillac STS look and feel like a piece of crap! That Genesis was sooooooooo nice!!!!! *drool*

Okay... carry on with the Hyundai bashing like it's still 1987...
That shpould like wahyt GM has been saying since the 70's. Hyandai might have improved but it no Hoada or toyota. Its still a wantabe.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:56 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
That shpould like wahyt GM has been saying since the 70's. Hyandai might have improved but it no Hoada or toyota. Its still a wantabe.
We just bought a new 2009 Hyundai after comparing it to the cars you mentioned and it won out by far as a better deal and car.

It's our first Hyundai so time will tell..

You need to check them (Hyundai) out before you make such wild statements.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:15 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Appealing cars mean nothing. Most guys find lambos appealing but could never afford one. So what is the point?

Old 07-18-2009, 12:22 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Appealing cars mean nothing. Most guys find lambos appealing but could never afford one. So what is the point?
Get a better job? Or a go-kart.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:33 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
Hyundai trumps BMW and Jaguar in J.D. Power 2009 APEAL study

Interesting released study from JD Power on owner appeal of the cars they own - The Hyundai Genesis got higher marks than the BMW 5 Series, knocking it from its historic top spot. The study looks at new owners and their cars to draw the evaluation.

Also, Toyotas are bottom of the barrel, further evidence that Toyota makes unappealing cars - even to those that buy them.
Thats incredibly odd. I agree with Toyota, but how on God's green earth would people find Hyundai more appealing than BMW??? Just goes to show that the world has VERY LOW STANDARDS.

Now, dont get me wrong, Hyundai has come a long way and I respect that (we even bought one). But "appealing"? In what possible way? Nothing they make stands out at! Theyre cheap, affordable, run-of-the-mill cars and SUVs (minus the Genesis series) that blend into the parking lots with the "best" of em.

I wholly agree about Toyota. Them and Honda should occupy the last 2 spots and for good reason. They... make... yawn.... boring...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 07-18-2009, 12:39 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,421,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Thats incredibly odd. I agree with Toyota, but how on God's green earth would people find Hyundai more appealing than BMW??? Just goes to show that the world has VERY LOW STANDARDS.

They don't find it so. Read the article. Hyundai ranks far below all the brands it's being compared to.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:48 PM

143 posts, read 762,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Actually, Hyundai does has been beating Honda and Toyota at quality and reliability for years now.

Honda/Toyota needs to watch out for Kia, who's coming up the ranks as well.

The Koreans offer the better warranty than the Japanese and Germans too.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:26 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,702,144 times
I think the issue is getmeoutofhere is a Lexus car salesman - I think he has a horse in this race.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:28 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,421,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
I think the issue is getmeoutofhere is a Lexus car salesman - I think he has a horse in this race.

I like BMW better than Lexus. More fun.

But even barring that, it's a flight of fancy to assume that Hyundai is better in any way than the top 3 luxury brands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive