Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your sexual orientation, and would you buy a car associated with homosexuals?
I'm straight. I would NOT buy one of those cars. 18 23.08%
I'm straight. I don't care what people think. 47 60.26%
I'm gay or bi. I would NOT buy one of those cars. 3 3.85%
I'm gay or bi. I don't care what people think. 10 12.82%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 06:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Way to go girl. What a useless thread.
Well thanks for keeping it alive!

Old 07-20-2009, 06:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
What a bunch of crap! I know people who have those cars, and those people are straight. I also know many gays who have cars other than the top ten listed.
Well I don't think it's supposed to be a list of cars that only gay people are permitted to drive.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:13 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
A better article.

Car Talk

Old 07-20-2009, 06:17 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yep. I'm a homo and I've owned four Saabs. The 9-3 is always on that top 10 list.
Hmm.. ditto except I've owned 3 Saabs (currently own a 9-5).
Other makes I've owned: MBZ (1), Volvo (1), Peugeot (3), Subaru (2), MINI (2) and VW (1)

Hmmmm... guess I should put a rainbow sticker on the car as except for the Peugeot and MINI, all makes made the list.. OMG -- I'm a bloody stereotype. I'm sure if Peugeot were still sold in the US, it would be on the list. And the MINI is a trendy enough car that should appeal to rainbow buyers.

Also, all my cars have had names ranging from Madam Chose (92 Peugeot 505 wagon) to Sven (current Saab).

Old 07-20-2009, 06:24 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
I was shocked not to see the Chrysler Sebring Convertible on that list. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I never understood that, either. If you're comfortable in your heterosexuality and your masculinity, then why be so obssessive-compulsive over gay guys the way many "butch" straight guys I know are?
One of our good friends that is straight, married w/ kids drives a Chrysler Sebring Convertible. We all give him crap over driving a "chick car". Even had to razz him one day when a good friend bought his 16 year old daughter one. If he shows up in that car w/ another guy they totally role play and it is HYSTERICAL!!! I keep telling him he needs to come out. We are soooo bad on him about it. I keep telling him I've got my camera at the ready should I see what appears a straight male guy driving one. Haven't found one yet

BTW, that comment about the bird poo was........ oh, you bad boy you. That was FUNNY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
LOL...what a bunch of trash!
Guess I either change my sexual preference or sell my R8!
You can send your R8 my way. I won't sell it nor will I change sexual preference.

I had always heard the Mazda 3 was popular w/ the gay crowd and I do know some that drive them.

This thread is funny

Old 07-20-2009, 06:28 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Someone mentioned the new VW new beetle. A friend told us this story and it was HYSTERICAL!

Our friend has a friend that had bought his daughter a baby blue new beetle convertible but he would borrow often. One day he was driving it w/ the top down w/ our friend with him. They pulled up next to a store and the guy looked over and saw the reflection: Two guys in a baby blue beetle convertible w/ the flower vase w/ a flower in it. HE SOLD IT THE NEXT DAY!

Old 07-20-2009, 07:35 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateclosingon40 View Post

I drove a Miata for years, and got more than my share of snide comments. especially with a very short crew cut and flowered shirt.

Paul
My significant other used to have a red '93 Miata and I hated that thing. This gay man does not like Miatas.

I also knew a lesbian that had a smurf blue Miata, talk about ugly!

Old 07-20-2009, 07:36 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
I wouldn't buy one of those cars because they would be absolutely useless for the things I need a vehicle for.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:40 PM

1,534 posts, read 4,260,981 times
My runaround vehicle is a Mazda3 which I've found to be a near perfect car for it's purpose. They are very popular cars in my suburban MD, heavily family populated area. Previously I owned 5 Miatas (use to do some autocross events and had a blast). With the Miatas especially, I spent a lot of weekend time in the boondock areas of PA, MD and West Virginia seeking high curve/mountain roads for curve dancing. I didn't have much contact with the locals except for gas-up and lunch stops. I never experienced any reaction to what I was driving. My gay acquaintances seem to be all over the map in their car preferences, mostly dictated by economic factors rather than some orientation factor. This thread is amusing but I suggest that the premise of tagging particular cars by orientation is bogus. By the way I'm a straight, father, former Marine Viet Nam combat vet. Diss my ride all you want, I wouldn't bother to notice. Get rude about it in my face and you'd best bring weapons. JMO.

Last edited by Pilgrim21784; 07-20-2009 at 07:53 PM..

Old 07-20-2009, 08:14 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim21784 View Post
My gay acquaintances seem to be all over the map in their car preferences, mostly dictated by economic factors rather than some orientation factor. This thread is amusing but I suggest that the premise of tagging particular cars by orientation is bogus. By the way I'm a straight, father, former Marine Viet Nam combat vet. Diss my ride all you want, I wouldn't bother to notice. Get rude about it in my face and you'd best bring weapons. JMO.
Right on! I was pretty turned off by the whole idea of this thread and had no intention of posting on it, but I really like what you just said.

And, Thank You VERY much for your service to our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive